web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
My lawyer friend (I know it's an oxymoron) will be moving his office next month. He's gotten several different proposals for phone systems. I would like to give him your advice on the equipment. The advice I want is based just on:
Install ability
Service ability
Parts availability
Programming ease, difficulty
He's had bids on:
Avaya
Nec
Toshiba
Of course I realize there's much to be said for the technical ability of the installer and technician but just from the equipment standpoint what do you think?
Thanks for your answers

Sprinter
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We get different versions but basically the same question on a regular basis. All 3 of the above mentioned systems have their ups and downs. It has been said on several occasions that the system brand will only be as good as the service company or technician that installs it for your lawyer friend.

Have you narrowed your search to one of these 3 or would you consider others. As you scroll from the home page to the bottom you will see other names such as Nortel, ESI, Panasonic, Vodavi and others.

How many lines and extensions will be going into the new office?

All easily installed by qualified tech.

Parts easy to get by qualified reps

Programming, well....thats what the installer is for really. Day-to-day IMO is easier on an NEC. But all are capable of it.

Have him find an installer/price that meets his needs and he should just fine.

Nowadays the systems are not that much different in features. But they can really suck if the installer does not know what he is doing or is not easy to deal with.

Have each bidder do a demo and answer his questions, then check references, then decide on installer/features/price - PLEASE NOTE that price is last for a reason!

You must look at the local availbility of installation, and support. This is key on any telephone system. Secondly, you need to understand the telcommunication needs of the business your looking to put the system into.

Now to the real part of your questions;
Which makes better product, all three have been there over the years and it's easy to say that they are equal as well as different. If each one has the exact same type of phones and the same type of applications and are exactly configured the same ....then THEY ARE THE SAME.
Different color, different sytle, different name...they are the same.

Your bullet list above is open to determination and if I read between the lines here...your asking, or maybe your lawyer friend is asking is after I buy this can I handle everything and not need to spend another dime except to buy it online somewhere and throw it in and punch acouple of keys and/or wires .... I'm as good as anyone doing this for a living.
I don't do wills, divorces, lawsuit or the like cause I'm not educated that way.
Do you get my point.

OP Offline
Thanks, everybody;
after reading the responses, my thoughts about the technicians being more important than the equipment have been confirmed. It is also very interesting you-all see little differences in the equipment. I will read him all of your responses.
To Toshiba Bob, He is not trying to do any of his own technical work (remember he's a lawyer). But ultimately trying to get the best equipment for his "hard earned".
He did do his homework though and met with 5 different installation companies before he started asking for other opinions. Presently he's down to three estimates.
I hope one of you will be the top bidder.

Sprinter
Look at shoretel, very reliable.

I think it is very true that the installer makes the biggest difference, but I would like to say that I have been nothing but thrilled with Panasonic phone systems.

They have a lot going for them. Lots and lots of features, inexpensive, and very reliable. I installed mine myself. Liked it so much I started selling them. I do the sales and programming and sub-out the installation work. Also sell to the occassional do-it yourselfer.

If you have a Panasonic dealer in your area I think you should take a look at their equipment, it is good quality stuff that I think your friend would be very pleased with.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,945
Members49,778
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,237 Shoretel
190,465 CTX100 install
188,912 1a2 system
Newest Members
igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG
49,778 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nonameyet, justbill), 113 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024