web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We upgraded a BCM 400 to a 450, used migration manager. All the programming came over except 4 phones that lost a few buttons.

Our big trouble is the site to site 4 digit dialing. The calls still go to the other sites, but don't go to the right extensions. They are defaulting to the prime set. When I monitor another site and call it, I am only getting 3 digits instead of 4. I dial 3787 and on the far end it only shows 787 ? We have checked and re checked the old against the new and can see no differences. How do I get my 4th digit back?

Everything else seems to be working fine. Voicemail, internal dialing is fine, and the other locations can dial the correct extensions to this site.

The only other thing is that the status light is flashing, which according to the manual means a service is initializing, but I don't know what that is.

Thanks for any advice.

Shawn
Connect Telecom www.connecttelecom.us
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Check for absorb digits on the route to the other site. It should be none.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
We have checked that. When we monitor both sides, I see the 4 digits going out. At one site I see it take the first digit off and defaults to the recep.

The other site doesn't show that, it just shows 2000(The prime set) and then she can answer and transfer. The number and name field shows 2706 and the DNIS 2415 (the ext calling and the ext called)

Shawn
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
Admin
Admin
Hmm, could you hack it to add an extra 2 on the outgoing route?

Seems like it must be something in the trunk setup/digit table on the receiving PBX...

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
OP Offline
The only change is on the site we upgraded to a 450. I have the 400 guts in a spare box, and when we plug it into the network, the calls go through just fine. It is something in this 450, cause it happens at 3 sites.

Shawn

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,744 Shoretel
189,817 CTX100 install
187,945 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, nortelvoip), 146 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024