web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Clinton Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm working on integrating a Vocera telephony server with a MICS. (Vocera is basically Star Trek communicators for the health-care industry) This will potentially extend to several servers at sites with various versions of Norstar systems at various software levels.

The server uses Dialogic cards, and is capable of learning the tone set used by the phone system to indicate all the relevant states. With the system I'm using for testing purposes, there is no indication of a disconnect on the ATA or an 8ASM. The VMI does at least drop back to dial tone, which is great, but we don't have a pile of VMIs kicking around,so I want to look at any other options.

The system I have has an old software version. Is there a newer version that cause the ATA or ASM ports to behave like a VMI with respect to going back to dial tone for a disconnect?

If the VMI is the only option, will there be any problems introduced if I connect a couple VMIs to a system that already has a Call Pilot? Is it going to mess with the VM feature codes? I've used VMIs for 3rd part voice mail integration, but I've never used them on a system that already had a CP.

Has anyone had any luck using Sandman's disconnect boxes after an ATA(2)? Anything similar?

Thanks!
Clinton.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

The only thing that will work in your situation is the VMI. There's nothing that a software upgrade will do for an ASM, nor the ATA.

I think you will definitely have issues with VMI's connected to a system with a Call Pilot already connected to it.

I've had no experience with the Sandman stuff.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Clinton Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Richard. That certainly confirms my suspicions, but I was really hoping I was overlooking something. Sometimes you want to be wrong. smile Looks like I'll need something that detects dead air for a given time and then gives a proper disconnect.

Sorry, Clinton. I wish I had better news. frown

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,888
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,809 Shoretel
189,904 CTX100 install
188,031 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024