Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently installed a new CICS w/global CID and 7.1 software. While testing and programing on bench b-4 installing I discovered the IATA would not answer. When calling sta 37 (factory default)from 7316 set the 500 type set will ring but when go off hook I would get a clicking noise when answer. I replaced the KSU (but not the software) and thought everything OK til yesterday when went back to move a station and discovered 37 n/working again.
I originally had line pool A as prime but changed to I/C when reminded Norstar ATA's don't like that. If I power off and then boot up again 37 will work 1 time calling to another i/com sta. After that I get no dial tone and when called I get a clicking noise on the line when trying to answer. I replaced the amp connector cable and the analog set with no change. Could I have created a glitch in the software by having pool A as prime even though I later change it to I/C? If so do you think I could do a restart and erase it or should I replace the software? I know it's possible but unlikely of receiving 2 new KSU's in a row.
Another glitch which may be related is the 1 time I can call out from this station after rebooting, if I dial 9 for outside line I get a busy. I have line pool A assigned to this station and both my co lines assigned to pool A.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

It is look like you have a software problem.

Ihave seen this problem with having a defective SLT. It's on hook loop current is too high so that after one call it doesn't hang up and the port locks. Hence the busy tones and the weird sounds when you go off hook.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
At least part of the KSU is releasing when I hang up. Even though I can't get i/com dial tone a second time after rebooting I can call to station 37 and it will ring. It's just that when I go off-hook to answer it I get the clicking noise.
Marv, I know what you mean about about the loop current being too high. I recently had an alarm reporting phone on a long loop from the CO and the telco had added a Reg Unit in the co. The line didn't squeal but it was definitely too hot. When I got the milliamps down the set worked just fine.
I have an old early style external ATA that was used on the 616's and 824's but if I remember correctly I don't think it works with the newer cics's, does it?

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I have an old early style external ATA that was used on the 616's and 824's but if I remember correctly I don't think it works with the newer cics's, does it?
I have used one once for an answering machine, the NT8B90AA....that's the 1st one.....no problem.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Got to ask Dale,

Is Orlando near Miami?

Never blame on malice, what can be adequately attributed to STUPIDITY!!
Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
Miami is up in the northest corner of Oklahoma. Stillwater is one of our suburbs about 15 miles east, OKC is about 45 to the south and Wichita,KS is about 90 miles north up I-35. Orlando has a population of about 200 and I live about 7 miles southeast of town.

Back to my CICS problem. I shut it off and did a restart yesterday afternoon. It made no difference. I think my supplier is a bit reluctant to send me another new KSU (and I don't blame them) but I really believe that's where my trouble is. I hope they bench the new one and test it before they send it out. I think my customer is getting a little frustrated too, especially after how much I bragged up the dependability of Norstar. It makes me look bad too.

Isn't there some programming required in the Terminals and Sets for ATA use ?

TerryS

TerryS
Not in Terminal and Sets but in System Programming.

Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
My supplier sent me another ksu and software and I changed it out yesterday. Everything working perfect now.

Something odd when I changed it out. My supplier said he tested the new ksu before sending it out so I was not too surprised when the time and date came up correct when I powered it on. The part I reused was the cid trunk card and the 5 7316e sets. All the names and station speed dial numbers came up as they were before I changed it out. I never realized there was that much programing saved in the sets themselves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,166 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (RM SYSTEMS), 59 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024