web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Personally I would think twice about any vendor or salesman who puts down other products or vendors in your area! Mud slinging should never earn you a sale. I sell both the NEC IPK and the Tadiran Ice. Both products are good and have their own applications. If you are looking for a reliable system for a small office (like your 6x12 situation) I would certainly consider the Tadiran Ice. It packs a lot of features for the money and I have had a lot of success selling these systems for customers like yourself. The Nec IPK is a good system and can grow beyond 46 phones and can do VOIP but the extra money for the system is only worth while if you see your self needing those options in the future. Good Luck and as always check references!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Melanie, someone should have asked you first to complete your profile. Forum rules prohibit us from helping anyone unless they do. Since we have been derelict in out duties would you please do it now?

Otherwise we will have to take back everything we said. eek welcome

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Any company that bad mouths another brand of equipment is NOT a company I would do business with or at least hear them out......

All the brands you are looking at are OK, check references......ask for a demo......

I recomend taking a second look at the dealer who said 2 of the systems were "low end". It is not a good sign when a representative of one product trys to downgrade a competitive product to make theirs look better.

Trick question for the Avaya representative:

Do you recomend Release 6 or Release 7?

Fill out the rest of your profile and stay in touch. Everyone here goes through this system selection process regularly and we know how difficult it can be in your position.

John

Don't forget to look at Nortel Norstar CICS. It should be competively priced.

They are widely used, been around forever and a phone made in 1987 will work on a system made today and vice versa. Not many manufacturers can do that.

But the best advice is be sure you like the dealer and that there is more than one in your area selling the and servicing the product. Don't ever deal with someone who bashes another product.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Originally posted by Melanie S:
They all seem pretty straight forward and knowledgable. NEC person just voluntarily mentioned that Taridan and Avaya were low end products. Taridan was "such, such, such low end." Is this true? Am I allowed to ask that on this board? Really trying not to offend anyone, just trying to cut to the chance.
I figured the Avaya would be okay as I am seeing/hearing about that as I stumbled around the web. I am finding little info on Taridan.
Any salesman "volunteering" that a competitors product is "low-end" (which is garbage by the way where both Avaya and Tadiran are concerned) should be the first one shown the door and ruled out as a potential vendor.

In the size of system you are looking at, there are at least 5-10 decent systems that would fill your needs just fine if properly installed and serviced.
Find a good vendor.
Find a good vendor.
Find a good vendor.
and show the mud-slinger the door.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

First, I do not recomend mud slinging at all, it is not progessional. Now, with those products, they are really all about the same when it comes to build and customer satisfaction. Tadiran has been around for a long time and their systems are built solid. Avaya has also been around the block, albeit as different names, but the Partner system is well tested (at least previous releases). NEC is built well and very popular in many areas areound the country.

If the prices are about the same then choose on the vendor. Vendors should play a huge part in your decision as it is, but if one is far pricier than the others I would personally pick one of the other two, again, they are all good systems, but for what they are I (and it is a personal decision) would not spend the extra cash on one that costs a fair amount more.

Like was said above, even the best system in the world will work poorly if it is installed and serviced by a person that does not know fully what they are doing.

I would also highly recomend going to the offices of the vendors to have a demo. They may offer you an "in house" demo at your office, but to see the offices is a good thing. There is a lot to be said about how someone keeps their office, in my opinion. After all, most of us are at work for more than any other place (at least while we are awake anyway).

Steve

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
First, I do not recommend mud slinging at all, it is not professional.
It's not that it's not professional but it shows what kind of company they are one who bad mouths another company or product most likely will do pretty much anything to make the sale, thats not the type of company you want to do business with...thats the same kind of company that would not have a problem creating phone problems so they can make a service call, sell a replacement card..etc. Create the problem, fix it and charge ya.

Melanie, the currrent NEC product is the IPKII. If this vendor is proposing the IPKI, it may, or may not be used...

Your needs at this time sound very basic. I cannot reiterate enough the need to "shop" around. If you need further advice on this matter, please do feel free to post here.

As the mods have posted, please fill out your profile as a courtesy...

welcome

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
OP Offline
Hello!
Just got back in to work. I have updated my profile and I am now going to read the HUGE about of info you all have given me. Go Tech Talk! Thank you so much.

remember when phones where simple?...(sigh)
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,866 Shoretel
189,984 CTX100 install
188,101 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 64 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024