web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#117290 12/15/05 09:07 AM
OP Offline
It's the same old story. I started working at a company that has a 384i. No one knows how to program anything because the one who did no longer works here. I think I can figure most of the stuff out if I could see what our current config is. At this point all I want to do is download the config but I can't seem to be able to connect. I have a 3-DCI but I think I must be missing some big step somewhere. The book says to connect the DCI to 16DSTU extension circuit. What is this? Is this a certain extension I need to find?

The 384i PC program seems simple enough if I could just get it to talk to the PBX.

Thanks for your time,

Josh

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can connect the 3-DCI to any free digital extention port. In program 0005 assign circuit type 4 to the port with the 3-DCI. There may be a little more to it but see if you can get that far. Remember that if you are able to connect (#*#*) you will require the password. And also to download configuration, the option is ME to PC. ME stands for main equipment.

OP Offline
ok, I am guessing that there is already a port setup to do this. Is there a way to see what ports are set to type 4? You are going to say "Why yes it's very simple. All you have to do is download the config and look on there!". I am thinking I might be hunting around the office to find unused extentions.

Thanks,

Josh

OP Offline
Well, I tried programming an extension to type 4 and order 1 it told me there was duplicate data. I think that confirms my suspicions that there is an extension somewhere that is set to type:4 order:1.

Is there a program that will show me what is set to 4-1?

I could set this extension to order 2 but I would like to know where this other extension is.

Thanks,

Josh

OP Offline
Disregard that. We did some searching under an old desk in the computer room and found a port labeled config. Lo and behold it works!!!

I will probably have questions later, but thanks for getting me on the right track.

Thanks,

Josh

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,895
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,993 Shoretel
190,183 CTX100 install
188,353 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 81 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024