Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#112192 07/26/10 05:26 PM
Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Good evening to you all. So far, everything is going well with my SX-50 system. I've been able to set up a ring group to make 9 of the phones ring on an incoming trunk, solved printer issues, trunk issues, and a multitude of other issues thanks to this website. My kudos to you all.

Here's my next question. I have the Control Card 2 on my SX-50 system. I hooked up a Music on Hold connection to it, and it works fine on hold. I then tried to hook up a public address speaker to the pager connections, and had some issues. I'm thinking that it's an 'ohm' issue, but not sure. I couldn't find anywhere in the manual where it discussed the proper ohms needed for the speakers. I have a working variable 8-ohm PA speaker and couldn't get it to work on any of the combinations from 1 to 8 ohms. Is it more than that? Both the music and pager 'work' on the 8 ohms setting, but it is too soft to even hear anything audible. If you put your ear up to the speaker (meant to be in a ceiling), you can hear everything quite faintly. That's my big problem so far.

2nd question--If I have a ring group set up with 9 phones ringing from an incoming CO, can I answer that ring group from a non-ring group phone by dialing a code? Couldn't find that answer in the book; didn't know if that falls under camp-on procedures or not.

Thanks in advance, hope all are doing well!

-Bob

Nothing ever happens if you don't show up!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, almost forgot number 3--

I have 2 ONS cards, one 16 and one 8. On the MDF block, all of the extensions work, except for the first one (16 ONS card, Slot 1, 1st extension), being extension 100. I tried to change the extension number to something else, thinking that 100 might be contradicting with other numbers used for programming. That didn't change anything. No dial tone. You can ring the station from the console, but can't pick up on it with an extension hooked up to it. Any thoughts? Is it a dead extension?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
1. The page output is 1 milliwatt @ 600 ohms. In other words, you gotta amplify it! Possibly the easiest would be a Valcom amplified speaker. Or a Viking P2A. Google either manufacturer for their web sites.
2. You 'may' be able to grab the call using directed call p/u, but otherwise no.
3.Make sure you are punching down on the white blue pair. Check for battery with a voltmeter, approx. 28 volts. If those seem to be ok, swap the cards temporarily, the card will still operate the 1st 8 ports. I suspect you have a dead port on the 16ONS. frown

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Also try the TAFAS code it may work.

Is it possible port 1, slot 1, is being used for the wakeup RAD??

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the wakeup RAD is. Any ideas how I can find out?

COMMAND 100, reg 10, bit C, set to 0, 1, or 2, no RAD. Set to '3', w/u intercept to RAD (Recorded Answering Device). If it is set to '3', w/u's go to port 001 for w/u announcement. And room COS COMMAND 121-129, Reg 4, Bit J, Set to '1' "Enable" (Wake up from extensions). That's all there is to it. Pretty smart for a dumb old PBX, huh! (Section 105, page 46, "Automatic Wakeup" for more info) smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the help on the whole slot 1, #1 issue, but no change. All the settings were at default, which seemed to be the way that it should be. still dead at the MDF

Have you checked the cable? Try moving the cable to the card next to it and see if the 1st extension works there. Is the cable seated properly? If the top end is lifted just slightly sometimes the first line does not work but all the others do, especially if the screw is still in the connector not letting it seat all the way down.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,865 Shoretel
189,974 CTX100 install
188,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 7
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024