web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer that would like to temporary forward calls via IP & or Xnet to another extension in another cluster. These systems are connected in a network so forwarding is possible. Example: 801-3401 in system "A" would like to have all calls forwarded to 806-3600 in system "B". The customer currently has voicemail boxes setup in both locations. They would like it if someone calls in to x801-3401, the call would extend to x806-3600, then after 4-5 rings to go into 806-3600's voicemail box instead of the 801-3401 mailbox. I have it setup and the forwarding is working properly, but I'm unable to get it to go into the extended extension mailbox. It bounces back to the originating extension mailbox. Sorry if it sounds confusing! Thanks in advance... I'm starting to think it's some setting in class of service, like ring back timer or semething like that??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What you're seeing is exactly what should be happening, unfortunately in your case it's not what you WANT to happen. I'm assuming both systems are using the same VM system, so when a call hits 801, then forwards to 806, and is then bounced to VM, the VM intergration still has the info from where the call originated (system 801).

The work around is a bit tricky, what you need to do is set up a "phantom" ACD path to break up the call path a bit. Here's how:

All of the programming is done on system "A", and you'll need 3 DN's (ACD Path, Agent Group, Speedcall). Users will never dial them, so you can user * or # as digits if you want/have to.

1. Program a speedcall for a "local" DN to point to 806-3600.

2. On system 801, create an ACD path. You'll also have to create an Agent Group, but leave it blank (no agents assigned to it). In the Path Assignment form for the ACD path, make sure you enable the "Queue Callers To Group When No Local Agents Are Logged In” option. Set the Interflow timer for 1 second, and the destination will be the speedcall you programmed in step 1.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,715 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,918 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 105 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024