Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10453 03/17/06 09:48 AM
WRichey Offline OP
OP Offline
There have been alot of posters looking for ani or call back numbers they can use.

Because of this there is wide spread abuse of the numbers and some have been changed or protected now so that we can not use them.

if you are in this industry as a tech or a dealer you understand the need to be able to "id" a number when the telco does not tag correctly and you also understand that it is a blessing when we can do it but a big pain in the butt when we cant.

That being said I have gone through several posts and edited out the numbers, I appologise but it needs to be done or we will no longer have the ability to use this feature.

If you need a number dont post it in the general catagory. use either the private forums or your pm feature.

I also know that we enjoy helping people out when they need it, but in this scenario it hurts us more than it helps end users so again I appologise but please keep the numbers private.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Agreed. I said the same thing in a thread maybe 6 or 8 months ago and I was almost the only one to take this position. Lets see what happens now.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I also agree, Hell Hal should have had this done 6 or 8 months ago. wink

Call your cell phone. That has worked for me.

Richard

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
I had the trouble today, the number I usually use didn't work where I was and now the back up number I used has a request for a password to get the number. I tried to call my cell but the line had no long distance vendor and my cell had a long distance number. I ended up calling the line I was looking for and hunting for the ring with my butt set. Now I need a number to use for ID. Could you move those to the Mod forum for us?
Mark

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I usta to call "0" and she told me. (and it was always a she back then)
That was back in the days when each CO had it's own ana # but they changed them so often that I never had the current # and they didn't like giving it out to anyone other than the operating company installers(Bell etc.)that's when I learned to call the operator.

I doubt that would work today. Hell I don't even know if dialing 0 will get a warm body, I'll have to try it.
Mark

Even up to 12 years ago you could call and say "Operator, Code 2036" and she'd read the number back to you. The code changed at the first of each month using the first digit of the year, the month, and the last digit of the year. I'm not sure how long ago that went away but one of our guys tried it probably 3 years ago when he was in a pinch. He couldn't even find a supervisor that could remember it.

Online Content
Well guilty as charged, I have given them out and I too used the one that is now password protected. There are a bunch of post with the info in them. I have quite a few toll frees that still work if you need them, or as stated they could be posted in the MOD forum. I don't think you're going to gain much if you put them in Installers cause we all know a lot of folks in there aren't installers.

Bill

Retired phone dude
WRichey Offline OP
OP Offline
I put them in the mod

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,740 Shoretel
189,808 CTX100 install
187,942 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
Who's Online Now
4 members (dexman, jeffmoss26, JBean3329, justbill), 154 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024