web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a client with an IP500. They also have a PC with a Tality V5.0 call accounting system. They said it had to be upgraded off their Toshiba for the IP500. It was provided by another company who installed it, collected their money and then wouldn’t return calls.

Customer said it worked for a while but then quit. It has been OOS for nearly a year while they let their IT guys work on it. Now they want us to fix it.

I can only see programming for Data ports as RS232. I cannot find where in the Tality software I can get it to look for the Data via the IP address. Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here or is it a trick question?

THANK YOU for any clues!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I believe that Tality should work with IPO - requires an extra call collection module to be running. Have you checked with their support?

OP Offline
They say it was upgraded for the Avaya and working before. The log files concur..... Up until a year ago.

The only thing in the startup folder is the CDR loader.

The Tapit CDR loader is running and the con4mon log file shows it trying to process a backup file from a year ago.

If I start the SMDR Monitor 32, it shows no action and the only port choices are RS232.

What I don't see is a new C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\SMDR.CSV file being built and THAT is what the Tality seems to be looking for.

There is another non running program called Delta server that when started appears to be trying to authenticate via the Avaya's IP address. However it is failing to make contact and provide Licensing. Could this be the extra module you spoke of? Should Delta Server be collecting the data into the SMDR.CSV file to be accessed by the Tality for billing massage?

The customer says their support has been very difficult to get ANY response from for a year. Best they could get was an enduser guide. That's why they called us.

Delta Server is the Avaya app that was used to collect SMDR and put to a .csv file. Avaya stopped supporting Delta Server with IPO release 7 or so - forcing you to use another call collection method. So, if the IPO has been upgraded, that may explain why it stopped working. There are several other software packages that will collect for you.
We've had very good success getting support from Trisys (who makes Tality). They are really where I'd start.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You could look in the CDR tab of Manager and see if they were using CDR to send data to the Tality PC. Not sure how Tality works...so cant comment too much.

Originally posted by mforrence:
Delta Server is the Avaya app that was used to collect SMDR and put to a .csv file. Avaya stopped supporting Delta Server with IPO release 7 or so - forcing you to use another call collection method. So, if the IPO has been upgraded, that may explain why it stopped working. There are several other software packages that will collect for you.
We've had very good success getting support from Trisys (who makes Tality). They are really where I'd start.
I had a whole reply typed up then I looked up and saw your post! This exactly what I was going to say...except we left trisys because their support lagged...1 month to fix an issue that they swore was not them...then an engineer got involved saw it was on their side and had a fix for us..meanwhile we had an irate customer that didnt want to pay for their pbx/call accounting system because "It never worked"

OP Offline
The CDR was all blank but then again their IT guys were fooling around for 6 months already so I'm not sure what they did. I pointed the IP at the PC with the Tality software running.

IPOmanger shows 6.1 so I'm going to look at the Delta Server next. I sent out an email to trisys to see if they can give me a hand too. Thanks for the clues!

OP Offline
I discovered their IT guys had changed the software settings in several places. Worse they had segmented the network and moved the SMDR PC's connection to the wrong subnet. DUH!

I guess as long as you can get to the internet then life's all GOOD!

Right! :rolleyes:

I'll never understand how when something goes from working to not why so few people retrace what they just did instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks Mforrence, Mongo5150 and jctsphone for pointing me in the right directions

OP Offline
OK, life's better.

The SMDR is collecting data and it's showing up on the Tality system. YAY! Now I need to purge the old data so we can start from today.

I tried archiving, but it still shows records from 2010 when it originally went off line. How do I reset/remove the old stuff?

BTW. I found the reason it was on the wrong network. A regional VP came by and cosmetically didn't like where it was sitting on the countertop and arbitrarily moved it.

END USERS! Ya gotta love 'em!

OP Offline
Now that it's working they are wanting me to tweak the costs. I found the pricing but there are some things I don't get. Like how to make 800 calls free. I also don't get where actual cost vs usercharges are manipulated. Sometimes they are the same and other vastly different.

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Not_sirius; 08/18/12 02:32 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,888
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,818 Shoretel
189,934 CTX100 install
188,045 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBean3329, PhoneGuy827), 152 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024