Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#171963 02/03/04 10:26 AM
rmuniz Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

We're running a TelRAD Digital key BX system (hope that's the model number), with ImaGEN v5.00c solftware. A few weeks ago, we started having some problems. First, certain people were getting their messsages cut off about half way through. we checked the hard disk on the system, discovered some errors that scan disk wouldn't fix. The decsion was made to go over to a new HD. We loaded tjhe software, and efverything seemed to running along just fine. However, we've a new development. Lately, about 2 PM every day, the voice mail takes a nose dove. N o one can dial into it, all they get is a busy. If you dial a number direct, it just rings and rings. It can all be straightened out by just rebooting the system, and then it works fine until about 2:00 pm the following day. Just a nsote, but when the voice mail is down, I've red lights all accross the board on the (which I usually have anyway, but where I shouldn't is on the T1 card). Anybody seen this problem? Thanks. Rich

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
How big of a harddrive did you install in this DOS machine? Do you have the PCP programming software to look at the system errors?

rmuniz Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, Thanks for getting back at me. Unfortunatly, I don't have the software to check out errors. The phone guys (who should be here this morning ahve it). I installed a half GB hard drive, about the biggest that BIOS will take it looks like.
I found a post of your earlier, seemed to address a simaler issue, but here's what I've done. I shut down everything this morning. While it was hooked into a surge protector, the ssytem wsn't in a UPS. It's hooked in now. Pulled all the cards, and reseated them, and double checked all connections. Then I cut the system back over to the old drive (which was still operational but has one bad cluster, the bad cluster was blamed for being the problem before), ran scandisk again, and then defraged the system. Powered eveything back up, and it seems to be running fine now. Some of the problems I'd seen before, now seem to be gone, so I don't know if the advice in your earlier post fixed everything or the problem will come back. Reckon I'll wait until about two PM and see what happens.

Will let you know more as I get more info.

Rich

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,951 Shoretel
190,128 CTX100 install
188,327 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (wk6100), 84 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024