Nope no joke, why would I joke about this?

I am a one man IT department, running a shop that supports 175+ workers, 90+ computers and 12 locations. Not to mention servers, the old phone systems, cell phones, blackberrys...etc etc etc.

We (Agency management staff) knew going into this it would not be a quick transfer, between everyday issues and the "OMG I cannot work until you fix this" stuff the phone system is being installed. On top of that I was told not to work any more overtime getting things installed. So I am working as fast as I can.

I know most of you are used to going in and knocking things out in quick order, most likely with a few guys that know what they are doing. I figured thats how things would have went, the first day was that way, things went as planned. It did not go down hill until we started on things the vendor had no clue about, then it just snowballed.

In between issues today I did get one more site up. I can knock out the remote sites in short order now, 15 minutes to reconfigure the routers, then its just plugging in and testing the phones. Now its just getting to the remote sites!