atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: barster TDA50 /TVS50 two-way recording setup - 09/15/23 07:28 PM
Hey gang,
Long time!
I have a customer with TDA50 /TVS50 who now wants two-way recording.... so I walked them through it over the phone (never set this up before myself)
Of course I "assumed" a recorded call would just end up in THEIR mailbox let any standard VM msg but upon testing there is no msg in their mailbox after doing recording. What am I missing....where did recording go?
Can't find any programming requirements in manuals for this....appears /seems like simply creating the button is all that's needed ....?
Posted By: C5Z Re: TDA50 /TVS50 two-way recording setup - 09/16/23 12:14 AM
I believe the TVS system will treat it as a saved message and will not light the message light.
There are some special commands in the TVA-50. I don't know what they're selling for, but I have a couple in stock for cheap. It lets you record a conversation into your or someone else's mailbox and treat it as a new message. Something along the lines of a prompted message between you and the caller and recording into another's mailbox.

IIRC it's something with the 3.x software.

Carl
Posted By: barster Re: TDA50 /TVS50 two-way recording setup - 09/16/23 03:26 AM
Thanks all...
C5Z, that was it, no msg light and doesn't treat it like a NEW msg, but like an "old saved message" ... so access procedure once logged into mbox is selection 1 then 2 for old message.
Thanks!
Posted By: C5Z Re: TDA50 /TVS50 two-way recording setup - 09/17/23 07:53 PM
Carl is correct, the TVA is cheap and offers email notification, remote access and it turns the light on for recorded messages. Much more robust over the old TVS platform.
Kevin
FWIW I found the tech bulletin on the OPTN programming. I'll put it somewhere.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help