atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PMCook MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/23/10 03:36 PM
Can a MICS 6.0 do extension forwarding to an outside number like a cell phone? What's the prcocedure? Does it involve speed dial?
I can't remember the exact SW version, but I think it was 4.1 that allows off premise forwarding. Look at the redirect feature. I believe it's F84.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/23/10 06:08 PM
Yes, 6.0 will allow external forward.
But how do you want it to work?
Call comes in and goes straight back out?
Use Richards post.

Do you want to answer a call, find out that you want to transfer out?
Then you need to set up routing - not line pools.
Posted By: PMCook Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/23/10 07:09 PM
The customer wants to be able to forward their extension to an external number say when they go out in the field. So any calls ringing on their extension would be transferred to an external number. Rather than the call being picked up by voice mail, it goes to their cell phone for example. They do not want to forward lines - which is what F84 does as I understand it. Feature 4 sounds like what they want. So do I just use F4 or do I have to enable external for their extension as F84 requires?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/23/10 08:55 PM
You still need to enable external for that extension. You still need Routing.

Then use F4 R (1xxx)xxx-xxxx.

Where R=routing code
(1xxx) = If needed for long distance.
And the phone number.
Posted By: PMCook Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/23/10 10:29 PM
Ok so far reading up on this I see that you can't use line pool 9 with F4 you need to use a route code other than 9. Let's say I set them up to use 8 for a route code which will select an outside line. Can you describe the steps to finish that? The manual is really weak here and I am confused. I see I need to create a route table but so far I can't discover the steps.
Posted By: PMCook Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/23/10 11:00 PM
I should add this is not a PRI trunk, it is analog. Two analog CID cards.

Do I have this right:

services/routing service/services/routes

To Public Network:
Routing Service Route 008
DialOut No numbr
Use Pool (whatever the analog cards are)
DN type Public
DestCode 9
Normal rte 008
Absorb 0

Is that what I need to add? I would then dial feature 4818885551212 as an example?
Posted By: luv2ski Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/24/10 04:54 AM
918885551212..must also check your dialout option.Also remember that usually 2 analog trunks will have a Db loss that effects the volume off the call
Posted By: luv2ski Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/24/10 04:55 AM
feature 4 918885551212
Posted By: luv2ski Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/24/10 04:56 AM
Routes
Show route:_
DialOut no numbr
Use: PoolA..., Pool O,
PRI-A, PRI-B
(If PRI-A or PRI-B)
SrvcType: Public
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: MICS forward extentrion to outside line - 08/24/10 05:01 AM
You can still use 9. then you don't confuse anyone. Anyone dialing a 9 would then use Line Pool A or whatever you have your lines in.
Almost have it
Delete all line pool codes.
Delete external code.

destination code 9
Absorb 1
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help