atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: goalieonyxvs old analog nitsuko onyx vs pbx problem - 08/26/23 02:04 PM
This system has been virtually trouble free for many decades. Recently the 2d line of a 2 line system sounds dead when you press the button for a line and a few seconds later goes to a busy signal. I have powered it back up many times with no change. I need to find someone who is familiar with this ancient system to advise me if there is any hope. How can I find someone with some experience with this Nitsuko Onyx VS pbx system? Thanks in advance for any help. Comcast has been out and says it is not their lines. He says there must be a short in the pbx. An analog answering machine , according to him, successfully gets both lines. He suggested a cordless base system would be inexpensive. Any thoughts?
It's been awhile, but the Onyx has modular plugs for the lines. Did you swap 1 & 2? If the trouble moves to line 1, then you have a line problem. If it stays on line 2, then you probably have a programming issue. I don't think our manual retrieval system works on this site for a Tie Onyx VS, but an internet search will direct you to several free sites that have manuals. It's not a super friendly system to program, but it's also DECADES (as you said) old.

Carl
Here is a version of the Service and Programming manual.
Flip lines one and two and see if the problem follows the line. Been a long time since I worked on OnyxVS. If memory serves they use modular connectors which can be prone to have issues. Could be a bad port or a bad crimp on a modular connector. Comcast is notorious for using stranded connectors on solid core wire that can cause issues. If it's the CO module I'm sure refurbs are all over the place. VERY common systems back in the day and were like tanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help