atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Al Rivas Ipitomy - 10/18/12 05:11 PM
Does any have any suggestions on headsets for ipitomy phones ? We have a customer that wants them but doesnt want to use handset lifters. They want to plug the phone in and answer the call by pressing the button on the headset...any ideas ???
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Ipitomy - 10/18/12 08:04 PM
Check the software & feature level of your Ipitomy. Other IP systems have had that feature for at least two years now---I would think that Ipitomy phones and system software would support that feature also.

There is some way that the phone and software interprets the signal from the headset and makes the phone go off hook. I can't remember what the term was....like "EMHC" or something like that. We have customers using Plantronics cordless headsets without the lifters. They really like the way it works.

I'll go through my old notes and see if I can come up with the right terminology for this feature.
Posted By: RikRaphael Re: Ipitomy - 09/05/13 03:32 PM
Which model IPitomy phones does your customer have?
Posted By: nameless Re: Ipitomy - 09/11/13 07:04 AM
The feature you are after is electronic hook switch.
You will need to check if the handsets have this feature and if you need a cable (cisco, alcatel, siemens, etc do require this at least for the plantronics and jabra headsets)
Posted By: Toner Re: Ipitomy - 09/12/13 03:35 PM
You can easily use Aastra phones on the IPitomy system and the Aastra 6759i has bluetooth support (which allows you to answer calls using the button on the headset)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help