atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BrianS Here is how to remove a "hold" button - 12/21/22 05:31 PM
On many hosted set ups, a customer should use Park for system hold. Yet new users make a call on a Yealink and see a hold button which is just a set hold. You can remove the appearance of the hold button this way. Be sure to program a Park button first. The images may not come through but the steps are the same.

This is how you remove a "hold" key from a Yealink 54
1. From a PC on the same network as the phone set, in a browser type in the set IP address. (on the set you can go to menu, then hit status).
2. Log in is admin Password can be found in the provider portal under devices

image.png

3. On the browser the set programming page should show up. On the left, under "settings" go to "soft key layout"
4. Move the top selector to "custom softkey" so it is blue as shown below
5. In the middle bottom, to the right of "call states" select "talking" in the box
6. Select "hold" and move to the left box
7. Push the blue button on the bottom to confirm

image.png

8. Then under settings go to "upgrade" then push "reboot" and the set will reboot. When you make a call and the call becomes active, the "hold" button does not show on the set. Only Park (if you have programmed one).

image.png
Posted By: Toner Re: Here is how to remove a "hold" button - 12/21/22 06:29 PM
Thanks for the write-up! We've also found occasions where you want the DND softkey removed and used this config line to make it happen:
features.dnd.allow="0"
Posted By: newtecky Re: Here is how to remove a "hold" button - 12/23/22 04:45 AM
That is cool info. We recently started using the features.dnd.allow="0". When we removed the DND softkeys, the users were still able to find it in the menus. This setting in the config solved the problem.

Since we don't configure the phones using a web browser, I was curious if there was a setting, like the DND, that I could add to the config file. After a search, this is what I found. I am curious if this works. Also the T46 and T48 have hard Hold keys, along with the softkeys

>- From another forum:
If anyone is looking for the answer, I have found it. By downloading the " Yealink_SIP_Phones_AutoProvisioning_Template_V85.5.zip" file from yealink support, opening common.cfg, and searching for "hold", I found the string "features.call_park.performby_holdhardkey.enable =". I then added this string to my config file and set it to "features.call_park.performby_holdhardkey.enable = 1".

Now pressing the hardkey "hold" sends you to the parkinglot. I'm not sure if the phone "knows" where the parking lot is, or if it send a "parking lot" signal to the PBX, or if during my struggle I input that info. Best of luck and I hope this helps someone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help