atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hitechcomm Ring Central - 11/17/21 06:36 PM
Now part of Ring Central for all UcaaS
Not sure how this effects existing users.
Hardware business to start Shutdown

The move to UcaaS is moving faster then anyone could have pridected
Posted By: Toner Re: Ring Central - 11/17/21 08:02 PM
You're saying Mitel joined Ring much like Avaya did? Is there a public article on this?
Posted By: Toner Re: Ring Central - 11/17/21 08:03 PM
Nevermind, just found it :-)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ringcentral-mitel-announce-strategic-partnership-211100466.html
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Ring Central - 11/17/21 08:08 PM
Mitel and Avaya are now Ring Central UcaaS

Why not just go to Ring Central directly
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Ring Central - 11/30/21 05:40 PM
Fomr an Avaya standpoint, there are some features that AVaya has now brought into ACO, that can only work on J series phones, and only ACO, not RCO. Avaya sells ACO with Avaya Logos and Avaya development. So now you get Avaya and Ring development on a platform that will move PBX features to RC, and only available from ACO/Avaya...

Mitels was an interesting deal. Mitel sold their Cloud/prem server intellectual property/patents. Mitels offering will just to sell RC, so there is no diofference.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Ring Central - 11/30/21 05:46 PM
Matt , very interesting. Mitel just gave up on there platform. Very strange indeed. They had a very good UcaaS platform. I don't get it. Is Ring Central that powerful ?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Ring Central - 11/30/21 06:35 PM
It is...but i dont see Mitels decision to hedge their bets on prem...thery could have done like Avaya or Alcatel, and partnered...rather than sell it all out..

It is mind boggling.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Ring Central - 11/30/21 06:47 PM
I have and user that I sold Mitel UcaaS with Mitel phone. That were told at the end of contract the Mitel phones will not be supported.

Also I have several Mitel proposals out there and I was W to withdraw them and RC would reprice
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Ring Central - 12/01/21 05:01 PM
Talked with someone at RC. Your above statement may be accurate for now. But guesses are that in the next 12ish month...they should be able to reuse the Mitel sets.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Ring Central - 12/01/21 06:29 PM
Good to know. What about the Avaya phones
J Series
Posted By: Toner Re: Ring Central - 12/01/21 06:51 PM
Avaya J Series phones work with the Avaya version of Ring Central which is called "Avaya Cloud Office".
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help