atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MVSpeed *7 on a 3300 - 05/01/13 05:47 PM
I have a customer that says they want to do a star 7 and grab a call from any phone that is ringing in the department they are in.
I am success full in that I can do a star 7 and the ringing ext number and grab it. One of the employees says this worked at the office she came from and it was a 3300 as well, she said it was about 3-4 months old. This system is about a month old so assuming software levels are the same or close. She indicated they were in some type of group?
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Randy
Posted By: XetaTech Re: *7 on a 3300 - 05/01/13 06:19 PM
pick up group , sounds like,, and they should get a PICKUP prompt on their phone if they pickup the handset while the other phone is ringing
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: *7 on a 3300 - 05/01/13 10:23 PM
Feature Access Codes can be whatever the programmer makes them. In this case it sounds like the *7 is for Directed Call Pickup instead of Call Pickup. f they agree you can change the code.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: *7 on a 3300 - 05/02/13 02:15 PM
Yes I changed the code to be 7 for directed call pickup. and dialing *7 + the rining ext will get the call, they insist they only dialed *7 at the other location and did not have to follow up with the ext number that was ringing. I build pickup groups and put all department phones in that group and tried making a call from my cell and lifting the handset on a phone in the group of a phone that was ringing and also a member of that grop and dialed *7, it didn't automatically connect like they say it should
Thanks
Randy
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: *7 on a 3300 - 05/02/13 02:19 PM
OK it just hit me like a ROCK .... Directed is where I changed the feature code not "Pickup" .... now I feel stupid sorry!!!
Randy
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: *7 on a 3300 - 05/02/13 07:05 PM
It happens to us all!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help