atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JWRacedog CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/01/12 02:03 PM
Replaced a SX20 with a SX200 ML. 2 CO lines in a hunt group. 3 lines that are no hunt. Of the 3 lines that are NH, 1 is a fax line not in the system. No problem with those lines. My problem is with the two NH lines.

The first one is a local CO number used as a "dump" line for the 800 number. It rings in a butt-set when called, and it rings at an answering machine that it was plugged into. It will NOT ring when it is cross connected to any port on the system's 6 port LS/GS card. Reversed polarity on it and tried it in the system, but still won't ring as programmed. Again, tech has tried all programmed/installed CO ports and only the two hunt group lines will ring, but not this 800 "dump" line. The only difference in programming, is that I don't have this line in a trunk group---because they don't use it for Outgoing calls at all.

The 2nd problem line at least rings in the system, but has some other problems. I figure, if I can solve the first one, probably the second one can be figured out, too.

The lines are provided by Frontier and the area is very remote with very small towns. They have been called, however the people who my tech talked to, don't have a clue as to what he was saying. The Frontier people have opened a ticket on this, however, and are supposed to have a technician call us Monday morning.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/01/12 07:43 PM
Can you access the trunk using an access code? All trunks need to be in a trunk group, even if not being used to dial out. Oops, nevermind that last comment, that would be an NEC thing.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/02/12 04:03 PM
what happens if you put the problem line in place of your 2nd hunt line?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/02/12 06:49 PM
And remember that Mitel is picky about 'start' type. Sounds like you have a L/S line and G/S set on card!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/02/12 09:29 PM
It will NOT ring when it is cross connected to any port on the system's 6 port LS/GS card. Reversed polarity on it and tried it in the system, but still won't ring as programmed. Again, tech has tried all programmed/installed CO ports and only the two hunt group lines will ring, but not this 800 "dump" line.

It's possible that a circuit (port) is GS instead of LS---but technician tried that "dump" line in all ports---and we know that the first two ports that support the two hunt lines operate normally. Those first two ports have to be LS, because they work. Except when that "dump" line is cross connected to them.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/03/12 02:19 PM
Ground start would ring anyway. What is the ring voltage reading?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/03/12 02:59 PM
The one line in question rings at an answering machine and is answered. Also, it rings at a butt-set and is answered and can be used to call out. In all aspects it acts normal---except when it's cross connected to a port (which has been tested on other lines). The line can't be ground start---but unfortunately we didn't test ring voltage and we're five hours away. Right now, it would be nice if it was the ring voltage and maybe Frontier could kick it up---I'm afraid, though, that if it rings a butt-set, the voltage is "within standards".
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/03/12 04:10 PM
2500 set is my 'standard'! If it wont ring it loud, it ain't proud!
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/03/12 05:06 PM
https://www.sandman.com/ringvoltbul.html

This link is full of interesting possibilities on co line ringing.
Posted By: justbill Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/03/12 07:00 PM
Like Lightning said get a 2500 set or 500 so you have 1 Ren. If you have more put 3 of them on the line, this is from memory so don't take it to the bank, but I believe they are suppose to deliver no less than 3 ren to you. I'll bet your butt set is no more the 1/2 ren and more than likely not even that.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/03/12 07:17 PM
I would check the LS/GS flea clips on the card to be sure they are in the correct position.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/04/12 09:34 PM
Just talked to 55footer---he's got a feeling that those lines (the ones that won't ring in the system) were punched down on the wrong pins. Only way I can tell for sure, is to have a tech go there and look. Arghhhhhhh!!! We didn't even try to access them from the console because they were just for incoming calls. Arghhhhh!!
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/04/12 11:40 PM
I'll bet that that particular line is from another carrier- I'm still betting ring voltage is too low for the Mitel.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/05/12 01:26 AM
I think you may be right, but it looks like we can't convince Frontier that there is a ring voltage problem---nor the customer. So I guess I'll have to send a tech there and make sure. Wouldn't be so bad, but it's 5 hrs away and we have been inundated with service & MAC calls.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: CO Lines won't ring in SX200 - 12/05/12 02:03 PM
Wow. Seems like you would be able to find someone local to check it out for you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help