atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: goodtogo NuPoint dropping voice messages - 09/27/12 12:12 PM
Hey Guys,

Has anyone ever heard of a NuPoint voicemail server dropping voicemails? So what happens is... someone calls in.. gets transferred to voicemail and leaves a message. MSG waiting indication works... I see the voicemail in my Unified Communicator but it says 0 seconds and sure enough... no voicemail is present. Any insight is appreciated!!

Thanks,
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 09/28/12 07:31 PM
Been a long time since I worked on NuPoint, but as I recall, the Admin menu has an option to rebuild mailboxes; it may need that. Also, your HDD may be too fragmented, and may require a defrag.

This will require taking the NPM off-line, thus interrupting your remarkable uptime (uptime on NPM is just short of miraculous).
Posted By: Mark Roller Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 10/09/12 06:35 PM
Is your issue that ALL voicemails are dropped or only [apparently] random ones? If the later problem I can tell you how we solved the issue.
Posted By: goodtogo Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 11/30/12 02:25 PM
It's only random voicemails. The problem stopped for a couple of weeks and is now reappearing.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 11/30/12 03:56 PM
So, who came back from vacation?
Posted By: goodtogo Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 11/30/12 09:18 PM
haha - I wish they were still on vacation so I'd still be in the dark and working on the 1000 other things going on. smile

I noticed it on mine as well today. It didn't drop the entire message just cut if off about 10 seconds into it.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 12/02/12 06:53 PM
Your Description would lead me to believe that line levels are down and the VM isn't "hearing" things loud enough to continue recording! Did they change carriers? Is it always the same callers?
Posted By: goodtogo Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 12/11/12 03:46 PM
Same carrier as before. I looked for the defrag options but they are not loaded on the server. Is that a separate package or something?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: NuPoint dropping voice messages - 12/21/12 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by goodtogo
Same carrier as before. I looked for the defrag options but they are not loaded on the server. Is that a separate package or something?
Depending on the vintage, NuPoint is either based on QNX or Linux. Unless it's really old, it's gonna be Linux. I'd load a good Linux disk utility and defrag from there.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help