atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel cell phone in xray room - 01/25/14 09:18 PM
hello guys i have a customer with signal trouble in his (lead lined walls) xray room. is there any possible way to get the cell phone to work in this room. thanks dave
Posted By: upstateny Re: cell phone in xray room - 01/27/14 12:17 PM
I know some of the cell phone companies offer an access point that you connect to the internet. Maybe you could install one of those in the exam room??
Posted By: ampleworks Re: cell phone in xray room - 01/28/14 01:40 AM
Without compromising the shielding, there's no way to accomplish this without placing a device inside. If you have to run a line to the room for the new device, you also need to take great care to properly penetrate the walls to ensure it keeps the required rating.

Typically the requirements for shielding are determined by each state.
Posted By: davetel Re: cell phone in xray room - 01/28/14 05:11 AM
i will let them know the feedback. thanks for the ideas. i knew it wouldnt be a simple fix.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: cell phone in xray room - 01/28/14 04:51 PM
Typically, X-Ray and EEG rooms are located in sub-basements where cell service is next to non-existent, so you are fighting an uphill struggle. Here, in PA, all X-Ray and EEG rooms are conduit fed for everything. So, assuming there is a conduit in the room for a corded telephone, you could possibly install another cable for a cell phone extender. I had a similar situation at a UPMC hospital and I was able to get an extender from Verizon. I have no idea what it cost because UPMC made the arrangement with Verizon and all we did was install the cable and ceiling mount antenna.

Rcaman
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help