atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kraneworldchamp Aastralink pro 160 - 01/19/09 06:29 PM
Does any have any experience good or bad with this system ? my distributor sent me some info on it as i am looking for a new system to sell
Posted By: billybluelight Re: Aastralink pro 160 - 04/01/09 03:20 PM
Hi I have been using the Aastra a150/300/2025/2045/2065 for about a year now and they are all very good switches, I haven't used the pro 160 but judging by the rest of the kit it should be pretty good. Their CTI software is one of the best I've seen.
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: Aastralink pro 160 - 08/21/09 01:07 PM
https://www.voipsupply.com/aastralink-pro-160-ip-pbx-appliance

Click on the "customer reviews"... not exactly glowing, but could just be a CG trying to make it work and not knowing anything about telephones...
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Aastralink pro 160 - 08/21/09 01:44 PM
The fact that VoIPSupply.com even sells it would keep me away, your customer can Google your product AND get a price? No thanks!

We sell ONLY to dealers, direct or through Target Distributing ONLY to approved dealers ONLY! No shopping your product arround on the Internet.
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: Aastralink pro 160 - 08/21/09 05:10 PM
I think any company that buys something as important as their office phone system off ebay with no support gets what they deserve anyway. With out the service, the appliance is disposable.
Posted By: Toner Re: Aastralink pro 160 - 08/24/09 08:03 AM
I'm hoping to get my hands on one of these Aastralinks in the next month or so - it looks like a reliable and simple IP-PBX. I'll post my findings here.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Aastralink pro 160 - 08/24/09 08:15 AM
They apparently have issues with Shared Line Apearance so that might become an issue for the enduser. From a May 5th review...."UPDATE (May 05, 2009): Well I finally got my hands on one of these but haven't tested one out yet. The SLA firmware has been out for awhile and there have been several Aastra phone firmware updates since this product first came out. Apparently SLA still has problems which is what I expected to happen. Aastra tells me they are working hard on fixing it so stay tuned."

Aastra's website also has the old "get rid of your telephone service tech" verbage. The old so easy a Caveman could do it analogy kinda goes out the window when in the real world most endusers could not differentiate between a truck and a trunk.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help