atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: raidsystemtech Cat 5 cable for conference phone ? - 07/03/13 06:21 PM
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has actually tried the CAT 5 cable to connect the power wall module to the conference phone itself?

When I asked the tech support as Polycom, he was like " oh, maybe it will work, give it a try" So apparently even they are not sure.

The part is $30 just for the cable which is quite pricy considering its just a cable. 2457-0049-001

Just wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with trying the cat 5 cable?

Thanks
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Cat 5 cable for conference phone ? - 07/04/13 04:19 PM
Maybe you could read the reply from your last post...

Still no answer......

If I am buying a used conference phone from an out of business sale, I still don't know if I will need to spend another $40 separately on a specialized cable of I can use a CAT 5 cable laying around.

I guess no one has ever actually tried one before on a real conference phone before?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Cat 5 cable for conference phone ? - 07/04/13 09:06 PM
Personally, I'd buy the proper cable. Why risk blowing the phone itself, because one is too cheap to do it properly?
Posted By: skip555 Re: Cat 5 cable for conference phone ? - 07/04/13 10:25 PM
Like dave said its cheap enough why take a chance buy the cable do a pinout then you will know

you also don't know if the used unit works so why through one more variable in the mix
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Cat 5 cable for conference phone ? - 07/08/13 12:21 AM
Like I posted in his other thread, I looked at a Polycom cable at work and it's an 8 conductor straight through cable.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help