atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a set of ShoreTel 230G phones that need repaired. The problem is that they have been reported to have dropped connections and faulty Ethernet configurations is the reason to blame.

Could this be a software issue? If that is so, would a firmware reset be sufficient enough? Perhaps it needs a driver overhaul. Or, is there a known way to refresh the entire Network Connection on the phone and have it work as a solid connection to the network again?
There is a way to factory reset the phones. Based on your other post your Shoretel system would not have the correct firmware for this phone, but it would still operate with the firmware that came with the phone.

Although rare, I have seen a phone or 2 that had some network connection problems. I will assume that you already looks at the other common problems. like the patch cable or network jack. I don't know that a factory reset will resolve this, but it probably could not hurt to try.

I'll send you a PM with instructions.
Thanks, David

I think that a firmware reset is not the solution either, perhaps it is something more in depth along the lines of the phone/ switch. Perhaps I could just run diagnostics from the ipbxctl command. However, the problem could be something in the phone itself.

I figured that this type of problem was more common than usual with this particular type of IP phone.

I look forward to receiving the firmware files reset codes you have found.
Originally Posted by ChrisC
I look forward to receiving the firmware files reset codes you have found.

You should already have it as a private message. Look to see if you have a message flashing next to My Stuff
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help