atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jonmyk Merlin Magix R1, personal line privacy? - 04/06/11 01:21 PM
I have a line 805 programmed on all phones with no cover (customer wants it to ring until someone picks up) I did not change any settings from what previous programmer had on this line but the customer does not want anyone to be able to access the line while a call is in progress. The only thing I can think of is privacy but I can't get it to work. Do I need to delete the line from all of the phones and start from scratch. help
Posted By: vad60 Re: Merlin Magix R1, personal line privacy? - 04/06/11 03:25 PM
You can assign pick up button to be able to pick up needed calls but that line has to be assigned only on the phone which is supposed to use it. This line has to be stand alone and out of any Pool. If line is in the Pool Auto Privacy is assigned. To use Privacy line has to be privet to that extension only.
Sorry to hijack this post but I have a customer with the same issue. Lines are in the pool but the customer is telling me that if they are on a line someone else can access that line and hear the conversation. If I understand what you are saying in your post vad60 - if the line is in a pool group that auto privacy is assigned?
Posted By: Z-man Re: Merlin Magix R1, personal line privacy? - 06/21/11 12:45 PM
you could always just assign the one line to a pool and assign the pool to a button on the phone. Then, if someone answers, no one else can get it.. you would have to transfer any call from there. You could not put the call on hold and go to another phone.
You don't really get Privacy when the lines are in pools, what you get is the inability for someone to barge into the conversation due to the lack of direct line keys.

BUT, the Operator position usually has the line appearances, so that's who is doing the barging in.

When you put a single line, that is not in any pool, on multiple phones, now you have the ability for anyone to press the line even if it is in use, and barge into the conversation.

And YES, you can assign Privacy, it is Feature 31, and it does NOT have to be on a button to activate it, you just have to do it at EVERY phone.

If you have 44XX sets, without Feature buttons, go off hook and dial #31 to enable it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help