atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: IOHI Tech Support 3 Com NBX MOH - 09/26/06 11:30 AM
I understand this system supports an external MOH device and I believe it has an 1/8" mini MOH input. Where would this input be located on the system and is there additional programming needed once the device is connected?
Posted By: brokeda Re: 3 Com NBX MOH - 09/26/06 08:12 PM
the jack is on the main cpu card, you have to tell it to use the moh input, as I remember.
Posted By: UpstateNetworks Re: 3 Com NBX MOH - 10/04/06 06:52 AM
Originally posted by brokeda:
the jack is on the main cpu card, you have to tell it to use the moh input, as I remember.
Right. I'm late to this party, but to enable MOH/MOT once you have a device connected, you select "Music on Hold" and/or "Music on Transfer" under System_Settings->System_Wide.

On the NBX100's call processor, there is a small volume adjuster located to the left of the mini jack. The V3000 models don't have the volume adjuster, instead relying on the MOH device's volume controls.
Posted By: Kremerica Re: 3 Com NBX MOH - 12/29/06 12:33 PM
I have a NBX system at my company and was looking around for MOH options.
I currently have a CD player on repeat for my MOH.

I was wondering if there is any other way to play the MOH? Like through Ethernet or another MAC/IP address?

The quality of the music going through the 1/8" audio jack doesn't sound very good to me, it's has static, so I was looking for something that is better quality.

thanks,

oh yeah, and I'm member number 12000 :dance:
Posted By: dcohick44 Re: 3 Com NBX MOH - 04/15/07 10:44 AM
I have an NBX in my office and I am using an IPOD for MOH and MOT.
It really works well. The only problem we had at the onset was low volume, but that was easily rectified with the volume control on the IPOD.
Posted By: Martalli Re: 3 Com NBX MOH - 04/24/07 04:03 PM
In our office, we ended up with a rather unique music on hold solution. A CD player and so on can be difficult to rely on. Instead, I set up an old (pentium 2-400) computer as an MPD server.

MPD (Music Player Daemon - https://www.musicpd.org/) is a program that you can run in the background on a linux computer. It doesn't use much in the way of resources, and in the case of this comp, I installed the latest server version of ubuntu, along with the standard mpd packages. You can control the mpd program from other computers on the same network, using any number of client programs, such as the Gnome Music Player Client.

Other solutions might be quicker, but it was a fun little project for me, and it was essentially no cost. In this case, I can play ogg, mp3, and wmv files, among others. The important part is to make sure that you have open licensed music, such as the music available on the creative commons website, or the WikiCommons.

Bryan
Posted By: Martalli Re: 3 Com NBX MOH - 04/24/07 04:04 PM
I have one question to this thread, though....is there an extension I can dial to listen to the music on hold, instead of dialing another phone in the system and then putting the original phone on hold?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help