atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mdaniel Executone Phone/Intercom system - 03/24/15 11:48 PM
Ran across these while visiting a Scottish Rite Temple this weekend and was wondering if anyone may know a little more about them.
Thought it was pretty neat, oh and they still work very well. It is used for internal communications through out the Temple.

Thanks,

[Linked Image from i85.photobucket.com]
Posted By: upstateny Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 03/25/15 10:38 AM
That is interesting for sure Mike but way before my time.

On my first day in the business I was given an introduction to all of the older systems i might run into while selling / prospecting and this one is way before that too! I was trained to hone in on the phone on the desk immediately upon entering so I could determine whether it was an ancient old system or a new one. I still do that to this day!

Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 03/25/15 12:17 PM
Mike, I beleive, and I could be wrong, but I think that was used as door entry ways in apartment buildings. The apartments would have a single unit. Ring and talk back system.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 03/26/15 02:03 PM
Too cool, Mike! What Valley was this?
There is some old wiring here in Cleveland but they have a fairly new phone system (Toshiba)
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 03/29/15 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by jeffmoss26
Too cool, Mike! What Valley was this?

Covington smile
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 05/01/15 08:42 PM
Our lodge has no internal communication system, but I've been contemplating donating a nice looking Legend system. It would be convenient not to have to run up and down the steps so much.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 05/03/15 02:48 AM
My lodge has a rotary trimline on the wall of the kitchen...lol
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 05/05/15 05:55 PM
We just switched from "Real" phone service to the cable company, and their box didn't put out enough voltage to ring our wall phone. It wasn't a trimline, but rather a boxy 500 wall set in what must have been (for the time) a lovely avocado green. I kept the set, it's not even modular.
Posted By: John807 Re: Executone Phone/Intercom system - 11/03/15 10:41 PM
That was the intercom system I had in elementary school. Push a button it buzzed the appropriate handset and you talked hold the wired earpiece to your ear and talk into a speaker BTW it was always live. And no privacy or else how would you know someone else was using it. Still cool though.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help