atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KLD Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 08/22/06 07:40 PM
This was the news this morning ----

https://www.kansascity.com/multimedia/kansascity/archive/TUESDAY.pdf

More information ---

https://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/15327531.htm

Latest report and followup ----

https://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/special_packages/sprint

I doubt if this help. My friends at Embarq are watching this closely.

Ken.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 08/22/06 08:29 PM
I sort of knew this was coming. Sprint gave up (and lost) a lot in investing in Nextel. I see Embarq spinoff as being the only safe way for Sprint to plug the hole in the dike with Nextel. That will keep the company alive but other than that, I don't see how Sprint can continue to operate with Nextel products/services and make any money.
Ev, a dyke is a phone woman, a dike keeps the water back.

You would not do well in the alternative dating world.

Bunnie
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 08/23/06 07:25 AM
Oops. Corrected it. Nice catch, Bunnie.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 08/23/06 08:54 AM
laugh completely off topic laugh
Actually, the spellings are interchangeable when describing a structure to hold water back. Dike is generally used more in the US, dyke on the other side of the pond.
I've used many dykes, I think they are the same on both sides of the pond. You know more about dikes, I've never even seen one.
Posted By: justbill Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 08/29/06 06:37 AM
More news on Sprints troubles.

Story

source: Telephony
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 09/01/06 04:48 PM
Well, this really seems funny to me, as I have done 6 Sprint stores in the last 2 months and 10 in the first 6 months of the year, for remodling and added cable drops. These were all large jobs at there stores to upgrade them, so I am not sure how much real trouble they are in.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 09/01/06 07:51 PM
Just remember that when those guys are in trouble, it's in hundreds of millions, not simple thousands that we worry about. Of course they aren't going to just stop doing business and close the doors, but they can always sell them off to another carrier if they aren't able to pull themselves out of the rut. The Nextel accquisition was the beginning of the end for the Sprint name. My head is still hurting from that announcement.

I hate to think of all of the jobs that were lost at Sprint and it's subsidiaries who had to be cut loose to fill in the gaping hole that Nextel is costing them. Then you have people like us, who used their North Supply division that is all but gone. It's quite a shame.
Posted By: STS E Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 09/01/06 09:04 PM
Hey Ed,

No more Christmas cards from North with the nice pictures of your rep-s.

No more Bob Calvert to talk with at tech support. frown He was funny, but knew his 10a.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Sprint Nextel Shakeup - 09/01/06 09:18 PM
I will really miss that place and their really sharp staff. They took good care of us for over 15 years. Needless to say, I felt "laid-off" too. They were one of the better full-line wholesalers. What a shame.

All because they just had to keep up with the Jones' and buy the last remaining wireless carrier. There was a reason that Nextel was the last remaining one; because nobody wanted them and for good reason.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help