atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: carnes Tadiran IPX with valcom door box - 10/31/05 03:14 PM
I set up a door box using an eight prot trunk card. I can get it to ring but you have to answer the call on during the ring cycle(2 seconds) and you can't get the call during the of part. I set one up before and didn't notice this. I do have a pri on this system as I do on the other one.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Tadiran IPX with valcom door box - 10/31/05 08:21 PM
Ok, slow down in english this time. smile What is happening and what do you need it to do? I am assuming a Valcom Doorbox with a ring generator on a CO port.
Posted By: carnes Re: Tadiran IPX with valcom door box - 11/01/05 03:59 AM
Correct.... But the door box call is only at the phone during the actually ring part of the ring cycle. 2 seconds on 4 seconds off. You have to lift the receiver during the 2 seconds or the call is not received. Almost like the system on knows the call in at the CO port during the 2 seconds.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Tadiran IPX with valcom door box - 11/01/05 06:09 AM
I am still not understanding you here. Have you put a buttset and meter on the Valcom? Is the IPX500 card strapped for the proper impedence (default is I believe 600 ohm) and for loop start on the card AND in PDB and CDB programming? Do you have the trunk DIL to a ring goup or specifig phone? I suggest ring (boss) group for this.
Posted By: carnes Re: Tadiran IPX with valcom door box - 11/01/05 04:45 PM
Thanks, I checked cdb, tkdb and I had not changed it to loop. I think that was the problem. I have to go back out in a week or so and install 3 more. Will test it then. I do have it ringing to a boss group.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help