atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: morephones Stromberg Carlson 6 button lamp issue - 08/18/18 02:21 AM
Hi,

I have a Stromberg Carlson 6 button phone with a lamp issue on line 3. It will not light up at all and I did change out bulbs and still no luck. So I am wondering if it could be a lose connection somewhere in the phone.

Here is a youtube video of some pictures of the phone.

Would it be to complicated to see if the connection is lose? If so I will leave it alone and still enjoy the phone.

Thanks Brian
Posted By: gelehu Re: Stromberg Carlson 6 button lamp issue - 08/18/18 03:19 PM
Couple things to check, if theres another phone see if the lamp works on it when you go off hook on problem phone. If so then your a/a1 leads are ok. Check for 10v ac on lamp leads (rd-br pr I think). If yes, then its a cable or phone problem.
Posted By: morephones Re: Stromberg Carlson 6 button lamp issue - 08/18/18 03:42 PM
Hi gelehu,

Yes I did change out the phone and the lamp did work on the other phone so it must be the cable or phone.

Thanks
Posted By: Silversam Re: Stromberg Carlson 6 button lamp issue - 08/21/18 12:47 AM
OK. As you can see, every wire is accessible on the S-C 1800 series. Open the phone, go off hook and see (with a meter or butt set if you have 10 VAC appearing on the Red/Brown pair. Check for it at the 66 block and on the phone. If you don't have it on the block, you won't have it at the phone. If you have it at the phone, and the lamp still doesn't light, check for it at the lamp socket, keep working it through till you find the problem.

Sam
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help