atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Break alert with Valcom horns - 12/31/19 03:24 PM
I need to add a signal for start and stop breaks and lunch time to an existing Valcom page installation. The Valcom is self-amplified horns with a V-2001A page control, with inputs from the KSU and the music source.

I think the Viking CTG-1A clock and tone generator would fit the bill, but I've never used it before. One thing I noticed in the documentation is that the daylight savings time switch must be manually changed. Not a deal breaker, though.

Does it sound right to connect the tone generator along with page output from the KSU to the page control?

Happy New Year.
Jim
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Break alert with Valcom horns - 12/31/19 03:45 PM
Get a hold of the docs for the V2001-A. If I remember correctly, this unit has alert and clock tone features already built in.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Break alert with Valcom horns - 12/31/19 03:51 PM
Hi Jim...

I installed the older CTG-1 on a Sprint system years also and the customer was very happy with it. They never complained about switching DST because it was so easy! I just followed the installation direction and B-I-N-G-O! it was done...no surprises.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Break alert with Valcom horns - 12/31/19 05:01 PM
Thanks guys. JBean, I think the V2001-A has the tones, but needs a contact closure for the alerts. Hence the need for the clock/tone generator.

After my original post, I realized I was confusing two of my customers. The one that needs the break timer does not have the V2001-A controller. Can I just attach the CTG-1A to the same pair as the page audio going to the horns? Or must I have a controller between them so they play nice together?

Jim
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Break alert with Valcom horns - 12/31/19 07:02 PM
http://www.vikingelectronics.com/pr..._Clock_Controlled_Tone_Generator_461.pdf

The product manual, page 3, has you use the on board relay to switch the input to to your horns from the phone system to the CTG
Posted By: Yoda Re: Break alert with Valcom horns - 12/31/19 09:02 PM
Thanks TTT. They thought of everything.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help