atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: metelcom 20 camera DVR - 10/08/07 11:59 AM
I have an account that whats a new video system I proposed a supercircuits 16 camera system but they want at least 20 cameras. Is there a DVR that will do that many at a reasonable price or are they better off with 2 systems
Posted By: Jim Cooper Re: 20 camera DVR - 10/08/07 02:43 PM
There are 32 camera dvr's out there, but you are putting all your eggs in one basket. 20 cameras isn't that bad on one unit, but if they fully load it to 32 and there is a failure it will be a much larger problem then if they lose half their cameras. You also cut down your recording time as you have more cameras with the same amount of hard drive space.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: 20 camera DVR - 10/08/07 03:10 PM
I tend to agree with JIm, Honeywell makes a nice 32 camera setup, but if you run 2 dvrs you can split the cameras so If one fails at least half the cameras work. Maybe do a 16 and a 9 channel. I have done this with Nuvico DVR's and then networked them so all the cameras come up on one screen on the csrs PC. I am sure their are many other companies that will allow you to do the same. I have not had any problems so far using nuvico, they are fairly priced and have some nice features.
Posted By: rustynails Re: 20 camera DVR - 10/09/07 07:08 AM
There are also many units that can be daisy-chained with a proprietary digital link, which will make them function as if its one unit. I have not done this myself, but saw this in a couple of manuals, one in particular was the sanyo DSR3009.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: 20 camera DVR - 10/09/07 10:58 AM
You might also look at Pelco.
Posted By: JDietl Re: 20 camera DVR - 11/15/07 09:24 PM
we have installed about 20 32 camera maxed out dvr's made by optiview vr32 enterprise series and we had a couple system failures causing issues during initial cutover however after troubleshooting initial problems and fixing problems the systems have worked solid for the two two years we have been installing them. the problems seem to have been with the original camera's that we connected to the new system and were using existing cables and when we replaced the cables and the problems went away. they also make a 48 port system and i believe a 64 port system is in the devolpment.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help