atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: resiguy TS22 no speaker - 03/19/12 05:11 PM
I have a Harris TS22 which was handed down to me by my father who used it in the telco industry. Now, I'm a security installer and use it to hear tones dial out to the monitoring center.

The phone needed a little TLC at first (IE new battery and terminals cleaned). She's been working like a charm up until last week. The speaker stopped working.

So I've checked the speaker, 8ohms. Ive changed the 9volt battery(haven't changed the coin since memory to me seems unnecessary, or is it?). Now the speaker works because I can hear dial tone BUT I can't get the volume out of it that I used to be able to get by hitting the speaker button.

Since it's got some personal value I'm looking to repair it and not replace it. Any help would greatly be appreciated! :thumb:
Posted By: MooreTel Re: TS22 no speaker - 03/19/12 05:32 PM
Replace the "coin" as well.
Posted By: tito1411 Re: TS22 no speaker - 03/20/12 04:36 AM
Take a look at this thread and theres also several more on TS22 repair.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/32/t/000139.html
Posted By: resiguy Re: TS22 no speaker - 03/20/12 12:03 PM
I'm in the process of changing out the coin battery now(silicon is drying). I should be able to test it on a live system tomorrow.

Fingers crossed it's just the battery.
Posted By: resiguy Re: TS22 no speaker - 03/20/12 12:04 PM
btw, I checked the battery voltage, .4vdc.
Posted By: resiguy Re: TS22 no speaker - 03/21/12 06:55 PM
ok, so today I was able to test out my buttset. No dice with the battery change. What gets me is the speaker reads 8ohms and you can actually hear the speaker "click" on but doesn't get loud dial tone.

Any other ideas?
Posted By: Garbleduser Re: TS22 no speaker - 06/30/23 03:31 PM
If you are still here, I am working on a solution involving the amplifier IC MC34119, on one of the daughterboards in the earpiece capsule. I have another thread here where I will be documenting my progress.

-Garbleduser
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: TS22 no speaker - 06/30/23 11:47 PM
Do you realize this thread was 11 years, 3 Months and 12 days ago? 🤔
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help