atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: allanl Toshiba DK2000 series hookswitch - 12/14/05 09:51 AM
Hello everyone! I have a bunch of Toshiba DK2010's that have hookswitches that don't work (I can't use the handset at all, only speakerphone) is there a repair for this?

Thanks!
Allan
Posted By: paul144 Re: Toshiba DK2000 series hookswitch - 12/15/05 12:45 PM
Yes, there is a repair and it is a very common problem. If you are good with a soldering iron and have a good desolderer, you can replace them yourself. Replacements are available.
That said, the new hookswitches that you put in will eventually fail just like the old ones you took out.
We re-engineer the hookswitch circuit path and replace the hookswitch with a larger boot and contact. We also offer a lifetime warranty on this repair. You can do it yourself and have it go bad again in two years or give me a call.
Posted By: KENB Re: Toshiba DK2000 series hookswitch - 12/15/05 05:19 PM
Allan
take Pauls advice and call him and your troubles will dissappear.
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: Toshiba DK2000 series hookswitch - 12/16/05 06:18 AM
Also if they are certain lot numbers Toshiba will replace them for free. There has been very few hookswitch failures that didn't fall into this group of bad hookswitches.
Posted By: allanl Re: Toshiba DK2000 series hookswitch - 12/18/05 10:23 PM
Great thanks! I may give you a call when I get back to work (on days off now!!)

Thanks a bunch.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Toshiba DK2000 series hookswitch - 12/19/05 09:24 AM
Toshiba Bob,
Every DKT2000 series phone has the exact same hookswitch design. The design of the hookswitch and the circuit path that controls it is flawed. Every one of them that is used with any frequency will go bad. Yes, there were a few lot numbers with bad hookswitches out-of-the-box that Toshiba replaced for free (4-5 years ago??) but they are all long since taken care of. I do not know who told you that those few lots are the only ones with lousy hookswitches (probably Toshiba), but they were dead wrong. The circuit path carries too little voltage and the contact itself is too small.
Sign that your hookswitch is failing: You start dropping calls randomly, especially when transferring or going onto/off of hold.
Sign that your hookswitch is shot: You can only use the phone in speakerphone mode.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help