atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: twisted pair Nortel M-series sets - 08/25/05 03:45 PM
I have about 2 dozen M7208 and M7310 sets that I have accumulated through the years. Most of them are lightening strikes that I have kept in my shop for replacement parts (handsets, etc.)

They almost always have the same problem;
-all indicators light up solid with no functions,
-or they work with a partial or no LCD display. It is always the time display area that screws up.

Any quick fixes for these sets or are they NFG?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Nortel M-series sets - 08/25/05 07:09 PM
The bad display is usually a quick fix, just replace it. The other is not an easy fix for most.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Nortel M-series sets - 08/26/05 06:54 AM
I was in a situation one day and needed a 7208 for a temporary replacement, so I went to my scrap pile and grabbed one. This one worked except it had a partial display, so I thought I would tear another scrapper apart and use the display from it to fix this one. I soon found out that there were obviously different versions of the circuit boards. The displays weren't the same due to the way they tie into the board.

I have since seen at least 3 different versions of the 7208 board. I seem to recall differences in the handsfree mic (either soldered right to the board or on flyleads). I also saw differences on the switch hook, (either optical or a contact switch).
Posted By: paul144 Re: Nortel M-series sets - 08/26/05 10:35 AM
I hate the number of different versions of the M series phones. Stocking and getting in all of the different parts is a pain.
... I thought better of my post. This is not an easy fix. Lightning often damages a couple of key components on the board. Some of them MAY be reapirable, but the repair is a difficult one.
------------------
Business Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited August 26, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help