atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: metelcom Phybridge - 11/02/23 12:00 PM
I ran into something new the other day, Voip/POE on a single pair up to 2000'

Phybridge
Posted By: jsaad Re: Phybridge - 11/02/23 02:24 PM
I am looking at this too. I have seen it once. Curious how good it works?

I have someone who wants VOIP in an large old building and expensive to run new Cat6.
Posted By: Toner Re: Phybridge - 11/02/23 02:50 PM
I met some of their Reps at an Avaya conference and had a cursory look over their gear - it seemed well built. Price was definitely the limiting factor although it was less expensive per port than running new cable.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Phybridge - 11/02/23 11:51 PM
I seem to recall that Target Distributing was carrying their gear a few years back. Yes, they were not cheap, but in comparison to the cost for other solutions, they were actually inexpensive. I never saw them in action, but I believe that we had some discussion about them in one of our forums here.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Phybridge - 11/03/23 12:25 AM
Plybridge is also good for 25 pr cable.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Phybridge - 11/20/23 06:56 PM
I am going to try it in a large home where they ran 8 conductor line cord to each phone jack!! 50+ jacks. Some runs could be over 200 feet.

I don't know if I have a chance to get regular ethernet to work over that or will the phybridge work.

I bought an 8 port unit, very pricey and the phylink adapters are small, impressive.

Will report back.
Posted By: Toner Re: Phybridge - 11/20/23 07:03 PM
Nasty! Unfortunately line cord wire isn't even twisted - I don't know if Phybridge can handle that. I would highly doubt that even 10 Mbps Ethernet would work over such cable. 10 Mbps WILL work over 2 pairs of Cat 3 UTP.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Phybridge - 12/14/23 07:52 PM
The phybridge switch worked perfectly over flat 'silver satin' 8 conductor line cord. Longest run was probably about 200+ feet. My concern was the wire was not 'twisted pair'
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Phybridge - 12/19/23 04:36 PM
My company uses tons of these and they work well. Simple to set up and pretty reliable. We do occasionally have out of the box failures of the dongles that go at the station end of the cable.

Simply put, it is a fancy PoE injector that lets you use PoE and about 5Mbps max of bandwidth over a single pair of Cat3, so great for replacing digital single pair systems with IP sets, provided you aren't planning to daisy chain workstations with them.

They aren't cheap but they do the job and do save our customers a lot of money on recabling if that isn't in the budget.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help