atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello,

I'm posting this here and in the Lucent forum because my question likely falls into both categories. Please excuse the duplicate post....

I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this and has suggestions. We have a Lucent Partner system at a small office. It's worked great off the ATT Pots lines for years.

However, ATT wants to move us to Uverse. Last week the ATT tech arrived to switch us over. However, he told me that the install probably wouldn't work because the Uverse interface likely won't generate the proper ring demand. He didn't know specifically whether the problem was incorrect ring voltage, current, or frequency.

The Uverse interface is an Arris BGW210. I tried to find the specs, but couldn't. I also tried Arris tech support, which was useless.

Could someone suggest how I can interface this Partner system? I presume I need an interface, such as a ring booster?

I appreciate any help because I'm stuck.

Thanks!
Posted By: C5Z Re: Uverse Interface to Lucent Partner system - 10/24/23 09:49 AM
Sounds like they are trying to push you into something new.
The ATT Lucent system works just like the other million phone systems out there using POTS phone lines. It's on them to make it work properly.
Thanks so much for your reply!
They have multi-port ATA's that they use for multiline business service all the time, don't know why U-verse would be any different. I agree with the comment by C5Z it's up to them to make it work if it doesn't. I'd think there'd be an output REN value on the modem or in the modem's manual.
I had a customer who was moving from AT$T POTS to Uverse. Tech came out and told the customer that the lines weren't compatible with the Toshiba PBX. He left the site without installing the lines.

Eventually, they installed the lines, and they worked fine on the Toshiba system.

The point is, that the tech may be wrong. Maybe he had a bad experience in the past.
I use VoIP ATAs and carrier gateways with on-premise older PBX all the time with no issues. You will be fine.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help