atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: newtecky On premise recording for cloud PBX - 09/07/23 07:11 PM
Has anyone used an on-premise server to record SIP phones on a cloud PBX?
We have a customer who does not want his call recordings stored on a cloud server. He wants a local server.
He has an on-premise PBX currently, but we would like to propose a cloud PBX. This is the one issue that will prevent him from upgrading.
Posted By: jsaad Re: On premise recording for cloud PBX - 09/08/23 07:24 PM
http://usbcallrecord.com/index.php/our-products/voip-recorders/voipboxhosted

Haven't used it.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: On premise recording for cloud PBX - 09/11/23 02:14 AM
Could it be as simple as setting up a port mirror to capture all voice traffic and dump to a server? Will be lots of data though.
Posted By: Toner Re: On premise recording for cloud PBX - 09/12/23 09:01 PM
I believe Xima could do it with VRTX in certain situations. As far as I know NICE does exactly that sort of thing by mirroring a port to/on your firewall.
Posted By: newtecky Re: On premise recording for cloud PBX - 09/27/23 05:41 AM
Our sale guy wanted to use MiaRec, because our hosted platform uses this. Turns out premise recorders don't make enough money to support on premise anymore.

Thanks for the input. I also got a quote for www.versadial.com.

I hate to pick one at random. It still comes down to what our sales guy wants to push for this customer. Knowing this customer, he still might be resistant. He kept the old Oaisys server going for many years until it finally died.

I have seen that one somewhere before. I believe that they have an office near my office. That one was a possibility, but

Originally Posted by Toner
I believe Xima could do it with VRTX in certain situations. As far as I know NICE does exactly that sort of thing by mirroring a port to/on your firewall.

I'll take a look at those.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help