atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Toner Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 02:45 PM
I recently setup a Facebook marketing campaign part of which directs viewers to our Fbook page, https://www.facebook.com/atcomsystems on a pay-per-click basis (about $0.50 per click).

Within a week or two I have about 80 people who have clicked "Like" on our page. Problem is, they are literally ALL from from random people such as Babas BergeronJean-sébastien Bergeron who live nowhere close to here and like as many as 10,000 Facebook Pages frown

It almost seems as if Facebook is running a scam where they pay kids to click on and "Like" as many Fbook Ads as they can. Booo!
Posted By: tim10 Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 02:56 PM
I betcha those are just robots clicking through your page in hopes you will like their page and see what they are trying to sell.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 03:06 PM
To tell you the truth, I just noticed the "Sponsored" ads on my FB page. I can't find any setting anywhere to get rid of these, so I "Hide" each and every one.

Sorry, but I consider it as spam. No offense Bill, but when I'm "socializing" on FB, I don't want to see ads from anyone.

In your situation, it wouldn't surprise me that Facebook is behind it. I don't trust them at all.
Posted By: Toner Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 03:14 PM
None taken Dave! I don't believe that Facebook advertising makes sense for businesses like us anyway, maybe works better for those who are selling retail products like Snapple or Old Dutch.

I just thought I'd give it a try since "Social Media Marketing" is all you hear in the advertising world these days...
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 05:03 PM
Anything's worth a try. Just look at how many ways and how much money we've all tried to advertise with zip for results.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 06:26 PM
Hi This might be a silly question but what does it mean to Like Someone or Business. I deleted my face book account, dont trust it.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 07:36 PM
I recently setup a Facebook marketing campaign part of which directs viewers to our Fbook page on a pay-per-click basis (about $0.50 per click).

Are you saying that you pay $0.50 each time a viewer clicks through to your page?

-Hal
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/05/12 08:39 PM
This kind of business 'telecom' just isn't a good match for social networks..What works are business social in nature...like a bar or a lounge, a place where people meet socially. You'd be better off paying for clicks on Google only (not it's network) for people who are searching for your type of business...or hire someone to get you up in the natural results...ya know the free clicks.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/06/12 08:57 AM
This kind of business 'telecom' just isn't a good match for social networks..

I've been saying that for some time now and you're the first to agree with me.

-Hal
Posted By: Toner Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/06/12 10:15 AM
I agree, social marketing is nearly useless to us. Google adwords provides results, and native SEO is even better.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/06/12 11:02 AM
That's scary Hal. lol
whats "native SEO" or did you mean natural SEO?
Posted By: Toner Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/06/12 12:12 PM
Natural smile
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 03/15/12 12:57 PM
Did you filter your ad by country? I've messed with the ad application and it has very specific filters on:

- City/State

...for deciding who actually even sees your ad in the first place.
Posted By: surdel Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 06/16/12 05:25 PM
Also the fact if you have your personal profile public, other copycat like Facebook sites will put your personal info on there sites without your knowledge.
Posted By: Gonzalez Re: Be wary of advertising on Facebook - 02/26/13 04:49 AM
Facebook is a best place for marketers to get instant response and to generate traffic for special product campaigns. This is a social media site which just helps a business person regarding product/service awareness.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help