atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: smithdj time issue on c class - 11/16/07 03:26 PM
do any of you guys know of a issue with the time on a C class. dont have all the details yet from what i was told by the CSR the phone system time keeps getting screwed up. like i said i havent talked to the customer yet.
Posted By: tom@tgcomm Re: time issue on c class - 11/16/07 04:59 PM
Do they have caller ID? If so see below. Also turn off auto-day light savings.

Function 142: Automatic time setting
1. Synchronize with Caller ID
This function, when enabled, synchronizes the real-time clock with Caller ID (CID) messaging:
call processing compares the time of a CID message to the system real-time clock and, if the
difference is more than two minutes, resets the real-time clock to match the time (hours and
minutes) of the CID message. The system will analyze each such message (or — if it receives
more than four calls with CID information within a one-minute period — as is needed). Select
ENABLE or DISABLE by pressing a scroll key (either or ). Choosing ENABLE will allow the
CID data to update the time and date.
Default: Enabled.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: time issue on c class - 11/17/07 06:24 PM
Keep in mind that if you ALREADY have CID time sync enabled, you may be getting bad information from the C.O. I have seen a couple cases where the time that came in with the CID was actually WRONG, so I had to disable the sync feature.

Justin
Posted By: The phone Man Re: time issue on c class - 11/17/07 06:35 PM
Why turn off auto daylight savings time On all my systems I have it enabled so I do not get called to change the time 2x a year.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: time issue on c class - 11/17/07 06:56 PM
Jules, if the software isn't updated to correct the date for the DST time change, you could be getting a call FOUR TIMES A YEAR, instead of just two.

With CID time sync enabled and DST auto update disabled, I'm pretty sure the CID sync would make the correction anyway.

Justin
Posted By: The phone Man Re: time issue on c class - 11/17/07 07:00 PM
Justin what i do when i install a system I always install the latest and greatest for every system I have sold at no charge to prove that esi is a great phone system. I always leave everything enabled. I have never had a issue with daylight savings time change. I guess I am just lucky or something. That is why I said what i said.
Posted By: grider Re: time issue on c class - 11/18/07 04:00 AM
From a customers point of view anything that happens more than one time equals always. If "observe daylight savings time" is enabled in the system and the software package is a version prior to last years changes in when DST is observed then you will get 2 automatic changes in the clock setting that do not coincide with the calendar year. Add to the mix the changes in the calendar year that are not observed by the system and you get 4 times in one month that the clock is off by one hour thus creating the ALWAYS mindset from the customer. A logical minded person would think that enabling automatic time adjust would cure this by calibrating the system time with CID time. Unfortunately it isn't that simple. The system monitors the CID time in minutes only, if the time on the system displays 8:41am and the actual time is 8:48am then the system will adjust when the first incoming call arrives from CO. If the time on the system displays 8:41am and the actual time is 9:41am no changes will be automatically made since clock accuracy is only measured in minutes.

Upgrade software to most recent version or Disable "observe daylight savings time"

Reset the clock manually, via Esi-Access or call the customer and walk them through it using the ADMIN password.
Posted By: smithdj Re: time issue on c class - 11/20/07 04:08 PM
thanks for all the replies, i just began installing ESI about 2-3 months ago, still picking up on it. finding the manuals pretty well put together and easy to follow. alot different than the toshibas.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help