atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: locg voiceworks - 02/01/05 09:48 AM
does anyone have a manual for an esi voiceworks system and also know how to crack her open its a refurb given away so they changed the admin password. its a ivory box on the wall it has 2 ports.

[This message has been edited by locg (edited February 01, 2005).]
Posted By: Mark K. Re: voiceworks - 02/01/05 12:15 PM
I just opened up a 4 port I have here, it has a little watch battery in it. I bet if you pop that for a minute then put it back it will boot up to default. I have a manual too, but I can't give it up.
Mark
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: voiceworks - 02/01/05 10:57 PM
I believe even the old Voiceworks was hard drive based, so the battery wouldn't affect it. It's basically just a CMOS battery...keeps the time and date, etc. I don't have one in front of me, so I could be wrong. I know the VW16 is hard drive based.

I'm not sure whether or not ESI can dial into those for password resets. If only the admin password is changed, the technician password can override it. ESI has passwords to override the technician password.

[This message has been edited by 5years&counting (edited February 01, 2005).]
Posted By: Milestone Re: voiceworks - 02/13/05 01:43 PM
I'm not too familiar with the Voiceworks I know the beige or ivory boxes are about 16 years old and they use hard drives so I don't know how much work you want to put into it, tech support could get in if you connect a co line to one of the ports. A manual is going to be very hard to come by, they don't have the older ones any more.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP

[This message has been edited by Milestone (edited February 13, 2005).]
Posted By: Mark K. Re: voiceworks - 02/13/05 02:20 PM
This thread has been closed for some time. He cross posted and solved his trouble on another board.
mark
Posted By: nevtxjustin Re: voiceworks - 02/23/05 05:52 PM
ESI can email you a PDF copy of a manual.

I have a full set of VW and VW16 manuals, but it was easier for them to mail me a printable Admin manual instead of my ripping mine apart to copy for a customer.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: voiceworks - 02/23/05 06:11 PM
could you email those pdf manuals to me for use in helping other techs on the forums?
My email is in my profile.
Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help