atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ATechguy Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/15/10 04:29 PM
Hi! There!! Has any body tried the Dynacom Jacks and Kwik Tool?? The tool is $30. Cat6 Jack $3.99?? Thanks
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/15/10 06:19 PM
Personally, I don't like to have to "punch down" every wire, especially with 110. I'm in Canada, we use BIX laugh I use Panduit.
Posted By: SST Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/15/10 06:46 PM
I've been using them for a while now. No troubles with the jacks and the kwik tool saves a lot of work and fingers! The supplier I use gave me the kwik tool when I purchased a lot of jacks. And by the way they fit in leviton face plates.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/15/10 06:51 PM
I use Leviton jacks and the Jack Rapid tool. Saves a lot of time.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/15/10 06:59 PM
Thanks , apparently the Dynacom jacks are quicker to do then the Levition ,they compare the design of both and the pair layout, they have a video.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/15/10 07:32 PM
I prefer the inline ICC inserts which are quicker, easier on the hands and keep the pairs together better. ICC also has the Jack Rapid tool that does both inline and HD inserts.

[Linked Image from showmecables.com]
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/15/10 08:43 PM
I'm with Merit on this one. The ICC jacks can be wired in about 30 seconds, compared to as much as 4 times that duration for those pesky right angle jacks.

Once you get the hang of it, you can just hold them in your hand and punch the wires quickly.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/16/10 04:18 AM
Arthur They have the Jack Rapid tool that makes it one quick squeeze and its done. I can do about 3-4 ICC jacks in the same time it takes me to do 1 Leviton. But the best part is my finger still work after doing 100.
[Linked Image from icc.com]
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/17/10 03:31 PM
I've just never liked the ICC jacks...the punchdowns seem flimsy to me. The alarm guys always seem to install them because that's what ADI sells.
I'm willing to give them another shot though. I was introduced to Leviton when I started doing cabling so that's what I've always used.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/17/10 03:48 PM
Thanks Guys, looks like in Canada i will be going with Signamax and there $30. Easy jack tool , for easier connection for future supplies.Thanks
Posted By: SST Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/17/10 04:54 PM
The only deal I don't like with Leviton jacks is you have to split the blue and orange pairs in opposite directions.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Dynacom Jacks & Kwik Jack?? - 09/18/10 01:30 PM
SST Thats why i don't want leviton ,their design takes longer to get your pairs in place.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help