atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: infringer cable brand? - 09/13/10 08:00 PM
Anybody had any dealings with Abergetty wire? Is it just cheap stuff, or decent wire?

My guess would be it's just cheap seeing the big price difference in it an other wire. But just checking to see if you guys have used it or had ideas about it?
Abergetty Wire @ DeepSurplus

I've used a few patch cables from this site before, and never had issues. I've actually used a box or two of cat5e and never had trouble.

But I'm about to do a large rewire project at work, and guess i'm having my doubts about it now that I know i'm redoing the entire building. (That alone should probably should tell me something)

Thanks for the opinions...
-David
Posted By: Fletcher Re: cable brand? - 09/14/10 03:20 AM
It's cheap but decent cable. I prefer Monoprice's Cat6 over it tho, the cable seems to be a better quality and the boxes are *very* sturdy, as well as have all the appropriate markings (UL, ETL, RoHS). I can tell from terminating it that it's indeed 23ga (hard on the hands), and not some thinner or copper washed rip-off stuff. Dunno where it's made tho. I've had good luck with Aberghetty products, and prefer their cat6 keystones to Leviton because they are miles easier to terminate and about half the price. Only thing I am leary of is their wallplates, they do not match Leviton or P&S colors quite right. Dunno about their coax, still prefer using Commscope for that.

Jack
Posted By: hawk82 Re: cable brand? - 09/14/10 07:53 AM
Just don't purchase anything using a credit card from Monoprice. I got taken for the cleaners for $1600.00 awhile back when their database(s) got hacked. Use a paypal account, or disposible/reloadable debit card if you do business with them. I got the fraudulent charge reversed, but it took a couple of months.
Posted By: doghart Re: cable brand? - 09/16/10 08:41 PM
Wow, I've been buying stuff from Monoprice for a few years now with the same CC...

No issues for me, sorry you had trouble, that stinks!

D
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help