atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: madadd Forwarding To external number - 09/14/09 05:17 AM
Hi All

I am trying to find the best way to forward a group to an external number.

I know this needs to be done via the voice mail however it will not seem to do it, no matter what i set up.

The system is 7400, SVMI20.

What needs to happen is:

After 20 seconds the group call gets sent to voicemail.

This then forwards to external number.

The group has a mailbox on the VM, I thought if i set a number in the dial block and then in the MB set the call director on no message left go to dial block,

I have configured the MB to be an announcment MB only and no mailbox greeting. this way it should just follow the call director.

would this work ?

Thanks Adam
Posted By: T.C Re: Forwarding To external number - 09/15/09 06:03 AM
Give the below a try.

Overflow the group to the voicemail group as you would if setting up a mailbox for a group . Create a group mailbox if not already done.

On the mailbox block for mailbox (502) set the announce only mailbox to yes. On the call director for the mailbox set the no answer destination to a virtual extension.

On the virtual extension set a no answer forward to external number. set the Ext forward timer for the virtual ext to 1 second default is 10.
Posted By: Xeta Tech Re: Forwarding To external number - 09/16/09 05:53 AM
Both of the above options would work. I feel the easiest way would be to go into the forward trunk/forward station menu's on the voicemail and make an entry in the caller options processor that says '
"502 GOTO DAL (Your Dial Block Here)".
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Forwarding To external number - 09/16/09 02:22 PM
Xeta Tech's suggestion is one that I've used on several systems and it works great.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help