atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: robe2conoby paging over ip phones - 05/26/06 03:38 PM
IDCS 500 R 2 newest software
2 MGI 2 CARDS

Every time the customer pages it breaks up the conversation of the other users (clip's) I took all the Ip phones out of the page group and it stoped ? Anyway to correct this

:bang:
Posted By: WRichey Re: paging over ip phones - 05/26/06 05:16 PM
Thats new to me. But I have to think that if you have say 32 itp phones being paged that the mgi is taxed as it is and there may be no resolve.

How many itp's are or were in the page group?
Is it just the ipt's that are breaking up or are some tdm's doing it too?
Breaking up is hard to do,
IP phones can make you blue, blue, blue
paging you is so hard to do,
the lack of resources makes me poo
programmers should make these phones coo,
but all I want to do is put them in the loo
I loved being a farmer and hearing cows moo,
and now I sell phones and all day is boo hoo hoo

Bunny did you have some helpful information?
Posted By: phonman123 Re: paging over ip phones - 05/26/06 06:54 PM
Come on, Give me a break!!
Posted By: metelcom Re: paging over ip phones - 05/26/06 08:34 PM
Bunnie are you getting a early start for the long weekend? [Linked Image from img44.exs.cx]
Posted By: robe2conoby Re: paging over ip phones - 05/26/06 08:48 PM
There were only 6 ip in the group and no the tdm phones were not effected

I thought the same thing taxing out the mgi but with 32 channels ( 2 mgi cards ) I would think there are plenty
Posted By: robe2conoby Re: paging over ip phones - 05/26/06 08:55 PM
This was happing when they would page internal/external from any phone. The bandwith is Crazy Fast they are shooting point to point across the street ( wireless ) 10 computers streeming video and talking on the phones did not even come close to maxing it out
Posted By: WRichey Re: paging over ip phones - 05/27/06 08:51 AM
Jeez I have to tell ya that there is no way you are taxing the mgi's, maybe there is a page over ride setting that I cant seem to bring forward in my mind. I am gonna dig thru the manny and see what I can find.
I was a bad girl, I will go to my room after this post and get out the paddle.

Where are the cards in the cabinet, have you tried moving them away from the dli cards or do you not have any extra slots?

If you have a second cabinet, could you put the MGIs in the second cabinet and see what happens when you put the TDM phones back in the page group?

Would you try putting the TDM phones in one group and the VOIP phones in another group and see if the TDM phones are affected when the VOIP page is activated?

Before you remove the TDM phones from the paging group, would the breakup happen on only the phones that are in the paging group or all TDM phones on the system?

Is the paging over the VOIP phones perfectly clear no matter if the TDM phones are included or not? Are all VOIP phones in or out of the page group unaffected when paging both TDM and VOIP phones?

Sorry I was a bad girl, maybe these tests will point to the problem and you will forgive me.
Posted By: robe2conoby Re: paging over ip phones - 05/28/06 05:47 PM
It only effects the IP phones ,The mgi cards are in slots 7 of the first and slot 5 of the second I did move all paging to the second card and no change with all voice traffic on the first card
If all IP phones are across the street, can you "borrow" them at a quiet time and hook them up on the ksu side of the street and see if the paging problem goes away, that would at least eliminate the wireless portion as a possibility.

You would need some help making calls so that when you paged, the problem would be obviously there or obviously gone. The more people on the phone the better for the test.

We are getting down to the end of the obvious solutions and I am scratching my head looking for that last little bit of intuition.
Posted By: OBTW Re: paging over ip phones - 05/29/06 07:17 PM
I am not a Samsung tech , so Iam am only making suggestions . Have you tried shuting down the 10 computer across the street . Olny leaving the IP sets active , add them back to the page group and than see if the sets clip ? Another thought is are the IP sets on the same Vlan as the wireless computers ? smile
Posted By: robe2conoby Re: paging over ip phones - 05/30/06 05:43 PM
This is a system Issue if the only thing running is the ip phones it still happens

Man I'm begining to hate Ip phones
Posted By: OBTW Re: paging over ip phones - 05/30/06 08:29 PM
Did you ever find out if the Vlan was seperated ? How many wireless access points are across the street in that bldg ? If you are compressing your voice packets that is something you may be able to toy with . smile
Posted By: WRichey Re: paging over ip phones - 05/30/06 09:30 PM
I dont think its the ip phones just yet.

Like bunny suggested can you bring the ip phones to the main site and simulate the problem or does it go away. This will tell you if it is the vlan(access points) or the mgi's and phones.
I don't know if robe2 has had time to "borrow" the phones back to the ksu side of the building or not, but this is all detective work at this point, not programming.

As I said yesterday, if you can eliminate the wireless part of this, then that will mean it is a Samsung problem, not anything else. Driving the phones right off the card at the KSU will not for sure give you a total solution, but it will eliminate everything BUT Samsung in the equasion.

If the same clipping still happens, then Samsung can set up the identical configuration in repair and either duplicate it for the engineers or see what is different between your cards and their cards.

If the clipping is not there when you have the IP phones by the KSU, then you will be working with the wireless engineers to see what can or cannot be changed.

It could be as simple as a bad switch or POE settings wrong or some other hardware interference. The clipping certainly indicates lack of bandwidth, lack of power, lack of something.

So while we are all on pins and needles it certainly seems that the only two choices are either the wireless and associated switches on the far building or Samsung hardware. It is not a hard test, just schleplping phones from one building to another.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help