atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: adamsih300u DSU-II / Impact 8024s Lights Half-On - 07/06/23 11:34 PM
Okay, first 'real' question with the Impact System.

I've been setting up the DSU II, with Impact software revision 5B. I have got three 8024S stations, two of which are working perfectly. Revisions U and K for those, and one which is acting oddly - many of the button lights are half-lit at all times. Seems to function all right otherwise. This one is a Rev E.

I'm guessing it's a little too old for my DSU? Just looking to confirm; it's in the garage, so as long as there's no harm to running it this way, I don't mind the lights being on.

Other than this hiccup, I'm having fun; designed some desi strips for the phones and printed them out and filled the buttons with features and autodials and line appearances, lol. The system has a lot of features for very little work, which is nice.

If anyone still has a matrix of equipment which works with a given software revisions, I'd be grateful to have it. I saw references to such a list on here in the long distant past, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks,

Adam
Posted By: adamsih300u Re: DSU-II / Impact 8024s Lights Half-On - 07/07/23 01:16 PM
Well, even stranger, I went out this morning and the phone looks perfectly normal. I'm not at all sure the cause of that, but all the lights are off as expected. Sorry to raise a false alarm!
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: DSU-II / Impact 8024s Lights Half-On - 10/25/23 04:41 PM
All verisons of the 8024 will work on a DSU. Most likely a phone issue. Hope this helps

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
Posted By: adamsih300u Re: DSU-II / Impact 8024s Lights Half-On - 11/06/23 01:51 PM
Jim - thanks for that. That particular phone continued to act unusual, so I finally swapped in another and it's working fine. Thankfully replacement phones are plentiful and inexpensive.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help