atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Shawn Cable recommendation - 03/21/01 11:31 AM
Hi-

I need to extend a T3 demarc about 1,000 feet internally and am looking for a cable reccomendation. I have heard that coax should do the trick... But are there different types of coax like there are STP (CAT 3, CAT 5, etc.)?

Thanks,

Shawn
Posted By: dtmf Re: Cable recommendation - 03/21/01 08:48 PM
I would think that it would be best to use what is being used now .Just be aware of db loss. coax will be very costly but it you can use it (2 pair 24 awg tc for punch down or 22awg tc for modual)This is going to cost you some bucks! Part #,s below
(212002 single dielectric indv. shielded for punch down)
(211002d dual dielectric for modular)

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 03-21-2001).]
Posted By: cyberphoneguy Re: Cable recommendation - 03/21/01 10:28 PM
the telcos use a cable called dbam. it is a 2 pair 24ga individually shielded pairs with drain wire. you can get it from graybay :confused
Posted By: cyberphoneguy Re: Cable recommendation - 03/21/01 10:29 PM
the telcos use a cable called dbam. it is a 2 pair 24ga individually shielded pairs with drain wire. you can get it from graybay
Posted By: fiber Re: Cable recommendation - 03/22/01 11:06 AM
dbam or another type called s-screen the same principal. It uses shield between the tx group and the rx group and prs. are also shielded 22awg will give you less loss but 24awg is also a good and slightly less expensive choice. It comes as cat5 which is 5 twists per inch. What ever you use mach sure that it is shielded.
Posted By: jima Re: Cable recommendation - 09/14/02 10:20 AM
given the post date, i hope you already have it working. But, if it's going to be cable, has to be coax, as 734a. Never saw ds3 on anything but fiber or coax ... don't think it's possible.

If 1k' is too long, suppose you always have the option of converting to fiber, then back. search coax 734 on Internet and will find many suppliers.

(please see message thread at https://www.cm.nu/~shane/lists/comp.dcom.telecom.tech/2000-10/0310.html for a bit more discussion about limits)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help