atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eriway Active Voice / NEC Elite Mail - 05/08/09 11:56 AM
I posted the following in the NEC forum and didn't get much response........

One of my customers (bunch of computer tech's) replaced the hard drive on their VMS-8 voice mail. It was starting to fail (8 years old)....

After "ghosting" the data from the original hard drive to the new drive, they only have 4-ports active. Everything else seems to work fine, and copied over fine... including greetings and messages.

Is there somewhere to look, or code to input to reactivate the last 4 ports?

I know Active Voice makes these voice mails for NEC. It is the DOS version.

I am hoping someone else out there has been repairing these and replacing hard drives that might know how to get back to the 8 ports. I would think that if the tech's were able to "ghost" a hard drive that all the data including any port activation codes would have "ghosted" also.

Any advise?
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Active Voice / NEC Elite Mail - 05/09/09 09:02 PM
More than likely the port authorization didn't come across with the ghosting. I've had that issue once when I loaded the OS again on an Inskin voicemail system (Active Voice). You will need to contact Active Voice for the port authorization unless you have the old hard drive and can access it through DOS. I will try to find the actual file name for you.
Posted By: eriway Re: Active Voice / NEC Elite Mail - 05/11/09 07:50 AM
Thanks, the tech guys have the old hard drive. They will just need to know what to look for. My only expertise with this stuff is sending it back to NEC for repair.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help