atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad extracting a prompt file - 12/23/04 06:26 AM
is it possible to download a autoattendant prompt to a floppy disk from a repartee and upload it to another voicemail (not a repartee). where would I find the autoattendant menu (it's not a transaction box).
Posted By: junkman Re: extracting a prompt file - 12/23/04 07:59 AM
*IF* the voice files are in the same format (.voc or .wav) and *IF* they are recorded at the same bitrate, and *IF* both voicemail systems use that type of file for that announcement, then it *MIGHT* work. *IF* you can find the right file location.
Posted By: jsaad Re: extracting a prompt file - 12/23/04 06:25 PM
*THANK YOU*
Posted By: ClassOfService Re: extracting a prompt file - 01/05/05 05:41 PM
Repartee OS/2 or Repartee for Windows?

Depending on which prompt you wish to suck from the Repartee, (I'll assume it's OS/2), after logging into Repartee hit CTRL+P if it's a default system prompt. Hit F8 to browse through the various system prompts to find yours.

If it's a opening t-box, or a t-box of any kind, goto the greeting field you want and hit F2 to copy it to the hard drive then copy it to floppy.

Some helpful hints:

Description:
CoolEdit program settings for prompt files.

Solution: When opening a prompt file using CoolEdit, the program should be set as follows:

Sample Rate 6000
Channel Mono
Resolution 8
Data Format VOX

CoolEdit can also be used to listen to and modify greetings and messages digitized by Dialogic voice boards.

If you wish to convert a native WAV file to a VOX format:

1. Load the WAV file into Cool Edit
2. Select Edit/Convert and set the VOX file parameters as 6000Hz, 16bit, mono, and convert the file.
3. Save the file as a Dialogic ADPCM/6000Hz.

If you wish to convert a native VOX file to WAV format:
1. Load the VOX file into Cool Edit.
2. Select Edit/Convert and set the WAV file parameters as 22050Hz, 8-bit, mono, and convert the file.
3. Save the file as a windows PCM (*.WAV) type file.

####

Repartee for Windows uses an 8000 hz sampling rate, Repartee for OS/2 uses a 6000 hz sampling rate.

Also do a search for "COOLEDIT 96" in Google, it's probably still out floating on the web somewhere. It's small and fast and lean.

VOX ADPCM = Dialogic's native format.

You would have to export the VOX file, then convert to WAV. Be sure you know what format the prompts/greetings are on the destination system.

(IE: Sampling rate, 16 or 8 bit, Stereo or Mono, etc).

Hope this helps!

------------------
NEC Unified Solutions / Voice Mail and Unified Messaging | Active Voice, LLC

[Linked Image from necunified.com] [Linked Image from activevoice.com]
Posted By: jsaad Re: extracting a prompt file - 02/12/06 05:03 PM
I know this is an old post but here goes:

Now I want to take a professional recorded voice prompt and insert it into the repartee. It's the opening box, called OPEN.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help